• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper got robbed $37 million by Bryce’s parents

Selltheteamtepper

4 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

He seems to be a nice guy so its a shame he just doesn't do this NFL football QB thing very good at this point. Do I think suddenly a light will come on next year and he will be a regular Drew Brees? Unfortunately as much as I hate to admit, nope not at all. Being a nice guy just doesn't seem to have much affect on NFL QB skills.

How do we know he's a nice guy?

• Beer 1

Bryce was deemed a good to great prospect by many that didn't have any direct relationship to the Panthers. He played a part that is played largely every year. This is how the game is played. Tepper didn't get "duped" or "robbed," this is just par for the course. The Panthers chose the wrong one, like NFL teams do largely every year. Now we'll see if the lessons have been learned, not about choosing the wrong guy per se, but about wheeling and dealing draft capital and elite personnel willy-nilly for largely unproven guys (I don't care who they are), and the disadvantages of undersized QBs.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Nick Saban was listed as 5-foot-6 during his playing days (50+ years ago). Adult males start to lose height after the age of 40 at an average rate of 1/2 inch per decade. Saban is now in his 70s, so he probably now stands around 5-foot-4 and 1/2 inch. Now compare Saban standing next to Bryce in the photos below. Saban was wearing his sideline sneakers that probably add about an inch to his height, so he stood about 5-foot-5 and 1/2 inch or 5-6 tops, and Bryce was wearing cleats that add practically nothing (half an inch maybe). You be the judge on how tall Bryce really is. Also, at the combine, Bryce was measured just 1/8 of an inch over 5-foot-10. A lot of that had to do with his thick hair, so he's realistically 5-foot-9 and something at most. It's also important to keep in mind that Bryce was measured in the morning, and your average adult males lose 1/2 inch during the day. There is absolutely no way Bryce is 5-foot-10.

P.S. I picked these photos because I have the sneaking suspicion that Bryce wears lifts in public, so game day photos are the most reliable because he has to wear standard cleats.

gxpty6kjjzfgsdmvejhk.thumb.jpg.053236d05abdbf65d736b7e3b459c4b6.jpg

GettyImages-1237797455.thumb.jpg.422c536c84f46398f43495dd443ba58b.jpg

11200361.thumb.jpeg.7f6260acf0b61b7c3afea94979cc0624.jpeg

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

Everything about Young we were sold turned out to be fake. He’s not 200 pounds, as evident by the many reports of him faking weight for the weigh in. He’s not 5’10, I've stood next to him, he’s about 5’8 with a bunch of hair. He wouldn’t allow himself to be pictured with the other QBs during the process. He’s not some elite processor of information, he had been practicing the S2 for years. He’s horrible at pressers, go watch a Will Levis or Brock Purdy presser. He’s not some phenomenal charismatic leader, and he definitely wasn’t NFL ready. Fire the entire scouting department.

There’s a teenage kid on X named “Matt” he was obsessed with Bryce, posted about Bryce 100 times a day after the draft. Many undersized kids looked up to Bryce, or the image that his parents made of him, and said to themselves if he can do it in the NFL I can do anything. Matt posted he is contemplating suicide. These kids hopes are crushed bc of Tepper’s decision.

Bryce’s parents had to know he wasn’t NFL ready, he wasnt the things the media was making him out to be. As I’m listening to Bryce speak at these pressers it is becoming clear he’s just a shy scared kid stuck in this situation, this is all his parents and his agency. His parents and the agency made millions for themselves. Im starting to feel really bad for him. 

IMG_0544.jpeg

8 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

you don't think it was obvious from his 11 year old voice he wasn't ready for the NFL

You really need the alt for this alice?

• Poo 1

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Let's not forget the "his father is a therapist" bullshit everyone was gobbling up.  I said at the time that his parents profession has nothing to do Bryce as a football player or as a leader.  I got shitted on for that btw

I got shat on for saying I think it's fuging weird that his parents are up in his business, on the sideline during training camp unlike all the players wives and kids that are usually behind the fence until after practice. I wouldn't be surprised if his dad is one of those overzelous sports dad guys that's been pushing him into all these camps and training him how to act like a robot since he's been a little kid in the hopes of cashing in 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

So lots of Short Kings on the huddle?

While you can continue to debate his tools because they haven't shown well at all, you can't blame him for being drafted by the Panthers.  Is it the NFL hype machine?  The internet scouting machine?  Some other machine I don't know about?  Whatever it was, Bryce was hailed as a baby Mahomes.   Not as big or physically talented, but smart, creative and effective.  Bryce was widely considered the best Qb in the draft and overall number 1 lock, no matter who took him.  Bryce himself seems super nice and accountable, I don't think he was trying to game the system to hoodwink a team.

So no one was robbed.  If Bryce ultimately fails, that's just the cost of doing business in the NFL.  You win some picks, you lose some.  What did the 49ers do when they realized the QB they needed all along in Purdy not the guy they traded the farm for?  They cut their loses and moved on.  Bryce needs another year to prove it.  This team is a poo show.  I genuinely think he's doing the best that he can.  There's only so much polishing a turd you can do before you're covered in it.  

If Trey Lance and Zach Wilson get multiple chances to prove they could be the guy, you got give Bryce a chance with a halfway decent coaching staff and scheme.  You put any other rookie or young QB here, it's a poo show still.  How would CJ do here?  Purdy?  Love?  Tua?  You can't tell me that they would be winning 5 much less 10 games this season with this scheme and staff.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, jfra78 said:

How do we know he's a nice guy?

The key operative word here being "seems". He in fact does seem to be a nice guy. I haven't met him and do not know but I believe anybody would agree that he seems to be a nice guy judging by what we see of him in interviews and such. That could be entirely wrong but he doesn't come off as fake or a brat and most definitely seems to be a nice guy if I'm going to give him credit for anything since I can't give him much credit for his quarterbacking

57 minutes ago, Keep Pounding said:

I haven’t really posted in years, but I remember Phillyb I think it was, made that dating profile for him. Epic huddle memories lol or was it Zod?

Did PhillyB ever stop running is mouth to anyone on message boards? It's a wonder he had all his teeth in person as much as that mouth ran all the time if he did the same thing in person.