• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The thing that angers me the most about the future...

NorthTryon

The thing that angers me most about this franchise also killing my hope for the future is the current crop of draftees and how we are in no position to take advantage. We are in the era where players that we grew up watching and idolizing have children or family members that are about to go pro. We aren't in a position to draft or develop this talent and it is extremely disheartening. These athletes are born to past legends, around the game their whole life, love the game, and are meticulously prepared for the next level. Names like Harrison, Maye, and Manning come to mind. This year Drake Maye and likely Marvin Harrison Jr are coming out, but we have no 1st round pick. Drake Maye's father was a QB, he's 6'4" 225 and athletic, has two brothers that won National titles. Harrison is damn near 6'5", runs like a deer, and catches anything you throw at him. He was raised by a NFL HOF father, so you know he is meticulous about route running and making himself available for the QB as his father did for Peyton. It is similar to when we drafted CMC. Of course he ran routes and had better hands than any RB we'd seen maybe ever. These franchise changers are entering the league at a time when we are garbage and should have access to draft them, but we don't because of our meddling owner and trade happy moron of a GM! 

I don't know, but I feel we could've done like San Fran did in the late 2010 era and built our defense up with the draft picks we received while we sucked. As we continued to be garbage, we keep making the picks, and then boom the offensive guys would be there. Chicago has the potential to have Harrison, Moore, Maye if they don't decide to keep Fields, and the added haul of our draft picks by the end of the Spring. Imagine how much hope that would inspire no matter how moronic the owner. I don't know where to start looking for it here. 

• Beer 1

It all comes back to Tepper. He was hyper focused on thinking we're a QB away and he directed his yes man Scott Fitterer to do his bidding. The attempts to acquire a QB got more and more desperate each time to the point we finally backed ourselves into a corner that could seal our fate for the next few years minimum. And at a time where our division and the NFC is ripe for the taking. Fug the Tepper's.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 2

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We traded two #1 overalls, CMC, and DJ Moore for Bryce Young and DJ Johnson.

This is some of the most blatant professional sports incompetence ever.

DT Jalen Carter (#9 overall 2022)

RB Christian McCaffery (#8 overall 2017)

QB Caleb Williams (#1 overall 2024)

WR DJ Moore (#24 overall 2018)

-for-

Bryce Young, Jonathan Mingo, DJ Johnson, Chandler Zavala

Great work front office!

(That proposal wouldn’t even go through in a middle school fantasy football league)

• The D 2

At least we only have to go one year without a first. If Young truly is a horrific bust we'll be in a position to draft a QB in the next draft. We've given away some good players yes but our draft capital going forward isn't in terrible shape. Hopefully with a competent GM and HC in place we can get things turned around fairly quickly.