• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New team president

catnip

I just watched and interview with Cam Newton . He was asked what position he would like with the Panthers . He replied that he would like to be team president .  Love him or hate him he is larger than life .  He identifies what the Carolina Panthers mean to the fans . He would put all he has into bringing back the fans and the keep pounding identity of the players .  How do you feel about this . Give me your thoughts .   And keep pounding !

• Pie 3

The same way being a good hedge fund manager doesn’t make you a good owner. Being a great QB doesn’t make you a good team president.

Some of you need to just appreciate ex players for what they were/are. Just because they were great players and love Carolina doesn’t mean they deserve a coaching/front office position. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, Sir Big Spurr said:

The same way being a good hedge fund manager doesn’t make you a good owner. Being a great QB doesn’t make you a good team president.

Some of you need to just appreciate ex players for what they were/are. Just because they were great players and love Carolina doesn’t mean they deserve a coaching/front office position. 

It doesn’t mean they don’t deserve it either.

None of us know Cam well enough to determine whether he would do well or not at the job. 

If anyone other than Cam Newton was doing these interviews everyone would be telling that player to seek help. He said “I never smoked Marijuana a day in my life(lie), I just keep in on me bc I like the aroma” explaining why he smelled like weed. You want this guy as president!?

Edited by Selltheteamtepper
  • Poo 4

If you don’t think Cam would make a great president here, you’re delusional or blinded by his over the top personality. 

He legit talked about how important it is to have a pulse on the locker room, relationships with the leaders of the team, how to get the fan base excited, and how to provide valuable insight to the GM and coach about personnel, etc. 

That man is the best thing that’s ever happened to the Panthers and Charlotte, sports-wise, ever - hard stop. 

He would play such an integral part in that position making us relevant again. 

5 minutes ago, Selltheteamtepper said:

If anyone other than Cam Newton was doing these interviews everyone would be telling that player to seek help. He said “I never smoked Marijuana a day in my life(lie), I just keep in on me bc I like the aroma” explaining why he smelled like weed. You want this guy as president!?

What’s the issue with that? 

He literally stated he’s never had a sip of alcohol or smoked weed. Weed does smell good. 

These over the top southern moral crosses are a little dated, I would highly suggest visiting other parts of the country some time. 

• Pie 1

Obviously absolutely not, but it would be awesome to have him in a high up position that isn’t responsible for actual operations. 

he is the very definition of fan favorite, I’d be all for making up a “Public Relations Liaison” position or something where he is very public facing.