• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dave Tepper wants Ben Johnson

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The question is why in the hell would Ben Johnson want us?

We are literally the worst situation in the NFL. Unless Tepper massively overpays no chance he comes here.

he doesn't

he and his agent are using this "appearing together" as leverage to get mega money from a competent NFL franchise. Tepper is basically the leverage tool

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is so true. 

I gave this stranger a ride to the store he literally smelled sickening. I'm talking about he killed my appetite for the rest of the day I couldn't eat anything. That scent will always haunt me. Humans body odor is something serious if you don't care to wash. Never again will I give a stranger a ride in my vehicle.

well... the funk is settling in...

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

But I would argue the panthers/NFL don’t know what Ben wants in general. I’m not a “rah rah needs fire guy” but Ben comes off as a quiet dude.

He pulled himself out of head coaching interviews because he felt like he wasn't ready.

That's not the sign of a power hungry control freak.

• Pie 2

He wanted him last year too. I'm sure he told him about the idea of possibly trading up to #1 for a QB. But Johnson might have his choice of jobs this year. He could go somewhere like LA and have Herbert or go somewhere like the Bears and have his choice of rookies or hang onto Fields and put #1 on the auction block. Again.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He pulled himself out of head coaching interviews because he felt like he wasn't ready.

That's not the sign of a power hungry control freak.

That’s fair. 

I like the idea of Ben but I’m just not as enamored with him like the rest of the league is right now. I just get the feeling that wherever he goes expectations are gonna be super high and it will be interesting to see if he sinks or swims.

Edited by Panthercougar68

6 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

It will take 4yrs 70mil to get him here...plus one year to prove bryce aint it...and to unfk everything Fitt jacked up....

The money isn't an issue, has no impact on the team.  The other points are super valid.  Everyone expects the next coach to be a Bryce fanatic and they honestly shouldn't be.  Be a Panther's fanatic.  This team will still exist if Bryce turns out to not be NFL material.  Build up the roster and give him the tools to sink or swim on his own with no excuses.  If he swims, fantastic. If he sinks, after this year, you have the capital to acquire your guy. I'm not sold on the notion that BY is gonna run coaches off. Take this season to get your offensive identity in order, start getting your pieces and go from there.  You already know if you're an offensive coach that the priority and focus is going to be on the offense. Use it to your advantage.