• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sign Burns already

Frank9999

22 minutes ago, Pazhoosier89 said:

One of Fitts big mistakes was letting Reddick walk. Burns would look a lot better if there was another competent DE his opposite. Teams can easily scheme out 1 DE.

Fit has been absolutely atrocious here. 

burns can flourish big time imo in a way better spot, thats gonna happen too. 

4 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Burns was absent today and a liability 

it’s been that way for while

one the critical last 2 qtrs, where was he ?

they can do better. Trade him. Get picks. Move on

If Brian was angling for a top 10 deal, he has thoroughly and completely played his way out of it.

I wouldn't even be comfortable with the 23 mil deal that we offered him.

Just tag and trade for whatever you can get. If nothing, just let him go.

• Pie 4

I’m not on the sign burns train for what he wants, but I don’t remember seeing any run plays towards Burns’ side. Maybe the opposing teams are running plays away from his side for a reason? 
still, I see him playing patty-cake with right tackles and tight ends mostly. 

4 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Burns was absent today and a liability 

it’s been that way for while

one the critical last 2 qtrs, where was he ?

they can do better. Trade him. Get picks. Move on

Yeah im sure with those picks Fitt is going to take a future superstar!

Picks means nothing as long as Fitt is making them. Give me an established player like Kyle Pitts and a 2nd round pick.

I've been on the tag and trade camp for awhile. I honestly think our 3-4 transition was primarily about trying to help Burns go from good to elite and he's still who he is. You can't pay this guy $30M a year or anything close to it. Not in a hard salary cap league. $30M/year defenders have to be the elite of the elite.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Luvu was supposed to be that rusher opposite Burns but Shaq having a season ending injury changed that.  I'd love to keep Burns but at the right price.  

The only player proven to be worth a top 10 positional contract is Derrick Brown.

Fitt has held firm that we want Burns here but we are not paying him Nick Bosa or Aaron Donald money.  

Did Fitt know when the Rams trade was on the table that Burns was going to hold firm to 30 million plus a year?  

Luvu will be 28 next year so I'm hopeful he won't command a top of the league contract and we can resign him.  I bet we'll be able to resign Shaq next year for a fair contract.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Manna said:

I’m not on the sign burns train for what he wants, but I don’t remember seeing any run plays towards Burns’ side. Maybe the opposing teams are running plays away from his side for a reason? 
still, I see him playing patty-cake with right tackles and tight ends mostly. 

Brown was lined up on the same side as Burns for much of the game, so I'm betting they ran away from him intentionally. Even then though, they gave up a big run or two, one specifically to Jones that's in the highlights.

56 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yeah im sure with those picks Fitt is going to take a future superstar!

Picks means nothing as long as Fitt is making them. Give me an established player like Kyle Pitts and a 2nd round pick.

We can't help that fact. Burns is vastly underperforming and Fitterer sucks. If Fitt had made the trade, maybe we still have DJ Moore(far, far better player than Burns). 

Or maybe it wouldn't have mattered because we are a rudderless ship. No way to know. The thing we do know is that the haul for Burns was worth far, far, far, FAR more than the player he has been. That is unquestionable.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2