• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What a game by Bryce

DeSim

37 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I want every Panther fan to put an asterisk on this game. Because we beat Green Bay and outplayed them for the W. It’s not our teams fault the NFL played storymode and cheated us out of the game. 

It sure as hell seemed like and in all my years I’ve never said that

today, the nfl had its script and it didn’t include the Panthers 

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

I cant wait to see what he looks like after an NFL offseason to work on his footwork.

He had elite coaching in high school, he had elite coaching at exclusive qb camps in California, he had elite coaching at bama and he had seemingly elite coaching in the nfl this year.    And yet through all of that his mechanics and footwork are piss poor.   Now why do you think one off season it’s going to magically change?

• Pie 1
  • Poo 2

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He had elite coaching in high school, he had elite coaching at exclusive qb camps in California, he had elite coaching at bama and he had seemingly elite coaching in the nfl this year.    And yet through all of that his mechanics and footwork are piss poor.   Now why do you think one off season it’s going to magically change?

He hasn't had "elite" NFL coaching yet so there's that. If I had to answer that question I would say having hope. Hope that we may get some good coaching and see a little consistent improvement in many aspects out if the rookie is so much better than being so god damn negative all the time if you know what I mean. Today at least have some element of hope. I realize it hurts our doom and gloomers in their world of constant "I told you so it's all poo" mindset but God damn it's gets so tiring to feel that way all the damn time and that's they way it's felt all season. I would rather see some potential for some positive if some correct moves are made instead of sitting around with the "I told you so" crowd all off season being so negative all the damn time. That shits infests a soul and is proven to make us more susceptible to sickness, cancer, other health problems and even digging early on set dementia and other mental health issues. Call it head buried in the sand if you like because it simply ain't. It's being a realist and knowing Bryce has a long way to go in order to be worth where we drafted him but it's a glimmer of hope and it's something we have needed so why the hell can't we just enjoy it while hoping it's long-term and not short term?

We can either just give up and say "Oh he has had great coaching all his life so it won't do any good" and go ahead and wave the white flag or we can realize "Yep, but he sure as hell ain't had good NFL coaching yet so let's see what fighting happens before being negative 10% of the time about ever god damn thing known to man when Bryce's name is brought up". His story is not written fully yet and like it or not he will be getting next season to prove it. Hopefully he can prove it with good coaching behind him in the NFL for once.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Simple, he didn’t need it at any of those levels. His arm was good enough where he could get by without elite mechanics. If he wants to take his game to the next level he will need to correct this in the NFL. There were already reports of Tepper talking to the staff about it. It will get addressed. You don’t want to take away his off platform throws all together though. It’s what keeps him elusive. He did a good job yesterday of staying mobile and still keeping some decent fundamentals. 

23 minutes ago, Martin said:

I would think there is at most two people  who fit this description. The rest of us are just healthy skeptics who wish Bryce can prove us wrong. 

There was one poster here who wanted the team and our QB to be bad and he basically asked to be banned apparently.

There's nothing wrong with being skeptical. It's the Panthers after all. But we also have to be able to plainly acknowledge improvement when we see it and not die on a hill because of foolish pride or ego. In that vein. I have to ask. Mr completely please take a few breathers from all this and give it a rest. You're making anyone with even a healthy level of skepticism look like a troll by proximity. Enough is enough.

There were some throws Bryce made that definitely have me feeling better about his future with the right head coach. He had the aura of a guy that felt in command in the second half. That is encouraging. I don't know what his ceiling is and that's one area where I will differ from the folks who tend to be on the extreme end of things. I'd love to see him become a hall of famer for us but I feel it may be more likely he will end up a high end starter who will be more dependent on the moving parts around him. With the right coach to grow with maybe more.

Beyond that what I want to see organizationally is to invest heavily in our offense. Pay Derrick Brown whatever he wants yes. Tag Burns and if we get a strong trade offer do what you must. But invest BIG in the offense. I'm tired of the pendulum swinging to the defense. With what we've given up for Bryce we must go big or go home building an offense around him and that begins with the oline and more rushing/receiving threats. Hire a real GM please.

• Pie 4