• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper is a coward

ncfan

The only reprimand, if they are serious about doing so, is telling him no to something. Give him something money won’t sway. Money doesn’t matter at his level. He will find a work around for being banned from the stadium. That won’t do squat. 

let them announce on draft night, Carolina is ineligible for this year’s draft class due to a major infraction of league guidelines. 

If the league valued integrity they would do this, but they don’t, so they won’t. 

The case is pretty cut and dry. It’s clearly on video, already with 10s of millions of views. And silence? 

I'm not even concerned about that. Why fans are trying to blow it up into something that is compelling enough to demand that he sell the team, I don't know...Well, that may be a lie; I do know why fans would do that: they're desperate. He has sucked so much in his hiring practices that the results have caused Tepper to meddle more and more, and now the state of the Panthers and its prospects are unpalatable. The entire situation---Tepper's reactions, our reactions, all of our reality in reference to the team---derives from frustration. Tepper and his yes-men cronies have made extremely bad decisions.

Now, all that being said, Tepper has been a jerk at times---obviously tossing a drink from your box upon a guy is a bad thing to do. It can be considered assault. But still, we don't know all the circumstances. On its face, it's a jerk move. Cowardly? I don't know. But I'm not worried about it. I've had beer spilled on me before at football games from drunken, rowdy fans at Cleveland Municipal Stadium as a child. It's not the end of the world. Tepper will pay his fine(s) and move on. But...

...It is my contention that if Tepper is a coward, it's because he won't hire---hell, CONSIDER---the one guy whose ego rivals his own as the Panthers' potential fixer. Yes, I said "fixer," as the franchise is broken due to Tepper's penchant to hire losers in reference to the game and business of football. The other reason I said "fixer" is because some think that the guy would only last a few seasons. I don't necessarily think that's true, but you all know the best man for the job--the Panthers' savior---err fixer, would be: James Joseph Harbaugh. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Scott is spineless but I get the position he’s in. Stand up to Tepper and lose his job the minute one decision goes bad, or do what Dave wants and keep his job.

Doing what Tepper wants may keep him this job but will seriously hurt his chances of getting anywhere near the position again elsewhere. They're both trash.

Edited by frankw

Just now, frankw said:

Doing what Tepper wants may keep him this job but will seriously hurt his chances of getting anywhere near the position again elsewhere. They're both trash.

very few GMs get 2nd chances. This is his only chance at the big money.

26 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Wishful thinking here - but if this incident somehow made Tepper sell the team, the Jags fan who caused this needs to be inducted to the ring of honor. 

Maybe he can even buy the team himself, with the settlement money he gets from Tepper.

Just now, Tbe said:

very few GMs get 2nd chances. This is his only chance at the big money.

Well sure. We said the same thing about Matt Rhule. They make their money and the team is horribly worse off in the meantime. All you need to know about Scott Fitterer is how the Seahawks have been doing since he left. And his lone claim to fame was being there when they drafted Russell Wilson. Who has been garbage since Seattle let him go. It is unfathomable that we managed to heavily downgrade from Marty Hurney. But that's what we did lol.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I'm not even concerned about that. Why fans are trying to blow it up into something that is compelling enough to demand that he sell the team, I don't know...Well, that may be a lie; I do know why fans would do that: they're desperate. He has sucked so much in his hiring practices that the results have caused Tepper to meddle more and more, and now the state of the Panthers and its prospects are unpalatable. The entire situation---Tepper's reactions, our reactions, all of our reality in reference to the team---derives from frustration. Tepper and his yes-men cronies have made extremely bad decisions.

Now, all that being said, Tepper has been a jerk at times---obviously tossing a drink from your box upon a guy is a bad thing to do. It can be considered assault. But still, we don't know all the circumstances. On its face, it's a jerk move. Cowardly? I don't know. But I'm not worried about it. I've had beer spilled on me before at football games from drunken, rowdy fans at Cleveland Municipal Stadium as a child. It's not the end of the world. Tepper will pay his fine(s) and move on. But...

...It is my contention that if Tepper is a coward, it's because he won't hire---hell, CONSIDER---the one guy whose ego rivals his own as the Panthers' potential fixer. Yes, I said "fixer," as the franchise is broken due to Tepper's penchant to hire losers in reference to the game and business of football. The other reason I said "fixer" is because some think that the guy would only last a few seasons. I don't necessarily think that's true, but you all know the best man for the job--the Panthers' savior---err fixer, would be: James Joseph Harbaugh. 

Really the only way to fix this mess at this point is Harbaugh... free reign for 3 years.

There is no justification for his actions

none

nada 

zip

be an responsible adult

OWN YOUR ACTIONS 

admit that you were wrong and are sorry,

that you had options to handle your frustrations like an adult and didnt

apologize  to the Jacksonville fans

apologize to your franchise 

make a contribution to charity 

move on.  Keep your ass out of  any stadium until you can control yourself 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

At this point Harbaugh and any other potentially franchise altering head coaching option are seeing the behavior of this manchild owner and thinking to themselves they'd rather do anything else.

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah, a $75k fine is really going to teach him a lesson. 

Tepper is a weenie. I guarantee he is a criminal. 

Game and potentially league meetings suspensions would hurt his ego far more than even a million dollar fine. Though who knows if he even wants to show his face at league meetings.