• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mingo done for the year with foot injury

8 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Sure the turf is killing our own players but think of that Jason Aldean concert before you criticize the (heroically) embattled owner. 

Dont worry, im sure Tepp will get you a Beyonce concert or whomever you like so that you too will feel content.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

8 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

A random number generator would create more draft hits than their scouting and assessments. It truly is pathetic and an argument could be made for actively sabotaging the team from an enemy within. You cannot be this bad at drafting by mistake.

I have wondered if this was like Ted Lasso where Tepper had some beef with Richardson, like Jerry pinched his nieces booty on jeans Friday

7 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

I was talking directly in comparisons to Metcalf.   Metcalf doesnt play as big as he could either.  It doesn't matter how big a player plays if they cant create any seperation.   Thats not how nfl offenses are ran anymore. 

Have you watched Dk Metcalf?? He is one of the most violent and aggressive WRS in the game. That mf plays big come on now man.

2 hours ago, shaq said:

Have you watched Dk Metcalf?? He is one of the most violent and aggressive WRS in the game. That mf plays big come on now man.

He isn't that great at contested catches honestly.   Not for his size and strength.

The biggest difference between the others coming out of Ole Miss was his catching style and movement when the ball was in the air.  He never showed to be much of seeker/aggressor for the ball.  He's just not a hands-catcher -- he does from time to time but it's not second nature.

Overall, I didn't like what I saw this year.  

We needed a guy who could come in and make an impact, yet we took a guy with a big learning curve at route running.  We needed quickness and guys that get open quickly.  Doesn't mean he can't pan out, but his skills weren't complimentary so he was easy for defenders to shut down.  

And overall, we've had mediocre WRs still produce out of the gate and eventually descend into mediocrity (see LaFell, Funchess, Colbert, etc.).  This didn't even feel like it was at that level.  Better than TMJ but it was rough.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't really understand why we reached on this guy and DJ Johnson instead of trading back up into the late 1st to take a guy like Zay Flowers.  There were some good receivers on the board still, but we waited until they were gone to go after Mingo.

This was a typical Panthers draft mistake, the same ones they have been making for a long time and one reason we presently have the worst team in the N.F.L..

17 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Where you guys who tried to sell me on Mingo and TMJ all off-season?

Stop hiding and let's talk about it guys...

These dudes some non factors who should be on the practice squad.

No poo. People predicting 1000+ yards for TMJ this offseason.

We literally drafted the same guy in the same round. With DJ Johnson’s wasted trade up, we could have traded up Mingo’s pick to where Tennessee went for Levis and picked up La Porta. Gee, what a novel idea to draft a “real” TE, which we need badly during a draft that was loaded with TEs. Nah, why get a 1st round TE value in the 2nd round of a strong TE class when we can reach for a mediocre WR in a weaker WR class. Sure seems like the WRs in 2024 are deep so we’ll probably go TE next draft (hopefully Fitt is gone). SMH, Fitterer learned nothing from Marty who never drafted to the strength of a draft like 2018-2019 where strong IOL were ignored even after losing our entire IOL from 2014-2017.

Edited by WhoKnows

29 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

And overall, we've had mediocre WRs still produce out of the gate and eventually descend into mediocrity (see LaFell, Funchess, Colbert, etc.).  This didn't even feel like it was at that level.  Better than TMJ but it was rough.

was it really better than TMJ? 

I'm not sure.  I still go back to the odd ISM/Thomas Brown/Frank mini spat.  Where the company line was Mingo was just way to go to ever take off the field for anyone else.  I almost feel like this staff was given orders on Bryce/Mingo/etc.  Bryce was starting week 1 no matter what.  I think that was top down call from Tepper who needed Bryce and that "excitement" for his franchise. 

Mingo got absurd targets given how bad he was as a young WR.  I mean if we gave TMJ 90 targets or whatever Mingo ended up with....he would have been more productive too.  Mingo's play wasn't earning that % IMO. 

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Sure the turf is killing our own players but think of that Jason Aldean concert before you criticize the (heroically) embattled owner. 

Real grass for a billion dollar NFL franchise? Try that in a small town