• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Fitterer be fired?

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I still think the best choice right now is to separate him from the team completely. Otherwise you risk a toxic environment, or at the very least the appearance of one.

But If that's not going to happen, then at the very least you have to move him to a different role that doesn't involve roster decisions.

Maybe he can be Teppers bartender, to avoid alcohol abuse. 🙂

8 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Maybe he can be Teppers bartender, to avoid alcohol abuse. 🙂

Fitterer didn’t get that second chin from falling down in church. 

He was probably standing in the box because of the cirrhosis. If the dude sits down his liver will bulge. 

11 minutes ago, Scum of the Turf said:

Well the offensive roster is pretty bad, lots of bad trades.  D looks good. He’s teppers yes man, so I bet he stays.  But they better sign our d players whoever we have in there

This was the logic Dianna Russini and others said might lead Tepper to keep Fitterer as GM. His issues were only with the offensive side.

That was before the "Hunger Games" stuff came out.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This was the logic Dianna Russini and others said might lead Tepper to keep Fitterer as GM. His issues were only with the offensive side.

What good defenders has he drafted outside of Jaycee Horn?

Dude is atrocious at drafting every position.

• Pie 3

13 hours ago, Mage said:

What good defenders has he drafted outside of Jaycee Horn?

Dude is atrocious at drafting every position.

Exactly. His two best value draft picks are BC and Chuba in 3 years. That's truly sad to start but every meaningful starter (who’s played more than half their games) was already there. Shaq, Chinn, Brown, Burns and YGM were all there before Fitterer. He’s filled some OK FAs but he didn’t build poo on D and he’s blown the offense up completely.

Any logic to keep Fitterer is grasping at straws. We are the least talented team in the NFL. We lost a poo ton of talent when Rhule came on board and at least drafted some D talent in 2020, but since then we’ve lost even more talent and done nothing to improve.

If Fitterer stays, I’ll come back to watch when they have a winning record. I’d assume that will be around 2030-2032 but at least Fitterer and two more coaches will be gone. Hopefully, we’ll get back to winning before CMC’s HOF acceptance speech.

• Pie 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:05 AM, WhoKnows said:

Tepper thought Marty was an amazing college scout as well so he might actually think Fitterer is OK.

I’ve already told my son and said it in here that I’m not watching next year if Fitterer isn’t fired. There’s no disputing that he’s the worst GM in the NFL. His drafting and trading record is flat out horrific. 

In complete fairness, if I were Tepper I'd have paid a lot of money to have Hurney picking our first rounders the last three years.

17 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

That was before the "Hunger Games" stuff came out.

That's not even close to true.

• Pie 1

So I was listening to Will Brinson interviewed on FNZ and he said - hope I get this straight not his exact words - that the video guy in Jax- whatever fan video they got of interaction with Lord Tepper and his subjects - that there is audio of Tepper in the owner’s box loudly complaining about what Fitterer had done to the team.

Maybe start about 3:50 into it to get straight to what I am referencing

https://wfnz.com/category/wfnz-podcasts/the-mac-bone-podcast/

• Pie 1

wouldn't be surprised if Tepper changes Fitterer's position to something like President of Football operations, hires a new GM and states he is "stepping away". This will cause everyone to rejoice but secretly Tepper will just be doing the same old poo through Fitterer his 'yes man'