• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm still a fan of Tepper!

I know - unpopular opinion - but I'll take Tepper over half of the other owners.

Why do people hate him?

• Being rich?
  • Getting rid of loved players?
  • Bad hiring choices?
  • Throwing water on people?
  • Meddles with real football people?

What did I miss...isn't that enough right?  Maybe I just see things different...heck I know I do. I still think Rhule got a bum deal so what do I know.

Being rich doesn't make you evil. Not that I would know but it seems that being rich gives you far less patience. Either way this has to be the worst reason for not liking him.

Helping/allowing/making GM's get rid of loved players....ok it SUCKS and it's a judgement call....but as much as I love CAM for example he was done when Watt (?) destroyed his shoulder. I can shrug and question the judgement but I'm not the one signing paychecks either.

Bad hires...yeah this is on him....but I think we have to give credit for him cutting his losses and owning his mistakes. Reich turned out to be wrong person for wrong time and he fixed his error. All we can do is fix our errors.  This doesn't make him a bad owner.

Throwing water...assaulting...bad judgement for sure. Do I hate him for it? I'll let the media crucify him....me? I LOVE the passion...hell yeah...damn right...talk crap right in my face and you roll the dice. All these fights we see in the stands? Thats people not letting opposing fans talk crap IMO - it ISN"T right and it DOESN"T excuse it...but I get it.  Tepper is my friggin hero now.

The 'meddles' is what kills me. Media LOVES this....and the sheep that read it follow it. If I was an owner you are DANGED right I am going to meddle...I'll call it be engaged in MY team...meddles...omg I still crack up every time I see someone saying this.  I would bet ALL of you guys - cause if there is ONE thing we all have in common is we are Panther fans! If you own the friggin team you are going to do what YOU want. Period. Would some of you listen to experts more?  Probably. I would....but it would be MY choice and Tepper has always echoed this.

So...yes...I know what awaits me.  Poo ahead. I really like our owner and I think we have great things ahead!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 31

5 minutes ago, Cat Fanboy said:

What did I miss...isn't that enough right? 

You left out the worst stretch in franchise history since he bought the team

as well, as creating the worst overall roster in franchise history in 2023.   The 2010 Clausen Panthers thump this squad on a Sunday.  Because all they had was a QB issue. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

I think there was also a stat somewhere, that since David Tepper bought the Panthers....the Panthers own the worst win % in all of professional sports.  

maybe there is some professional water polo team out there or something though that wasn't accounted for.  I assume it's just major sports. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Troll skill rating:  2/10

I expected poo but didn't expect to be called a troll! I think I'd rather have the poo... so my post is way outside of mainstream...seems like everyone hates Tepper. I didn't post to troll but to shout out that he ISN"T a bad owner. 

Few others mention I left out winning and that's totally valid...for myself I blame GM (and obviously we all wonder when Tepper will fix that mistake). We need to do a better job of recognizing talent and keeping it for sure.