• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm still a fan of Tepper!

46 minutes ago, CRA said:

You left out the worst stretch in franchise history since he bought the team

as well, as creating the worst overall roster in franchise history in 2023.   The 2010 Clausen Panthers thump this squad on a Sunday.  Because all they had was a QB issue. 

Nah he didn't leave that out.

53 minutes ago, Cat Fanboy said:

Bad hires...yeah this is on him

The OP kinda glosses over this point, but that's pretty much all it boils down to.  Hiring the wrong people at the top can be catastrophic cause that trickles down to everything.  Poor talent, poor player development, bad gameplanning, poor coaching, no culture, bad playcalling, apathy from players, bad salary cap management, and a million other things that all culminate into what you just posted.  It all stems from bad hires.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Gapanthersfan said:

Give me 1 reason to be hopeful that we will play at least .500 football in the next 3 years. 

Challenge accepted!

Bryce Young is legit. With some experience and some better line help I think we will like what we have. For sure he is better than all other NFC quarterbacks! Ridder? Carr? Mayfield?  It may be THIN but its true - Young is better!

No WAY does Fitt last 3 years.

Our defense is soooo close to being playoff caliber. Once offense catches up....I have to believe it will be 1-2 years not 3!

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, Cat Fanboy said:

I know - unpopular opinion - but I'll take Tepper over half of the other owners.

Why do people hate him?

• Being rich?
  • Getting rid of loved players?
  • Bad hiring choices?
  • Throwing water on people?
  • Meddles with real football people?

What did I miss...isn't that enough right?  Maybe I just see things different...heck I know I do. I still think Rhule got a bum deal so what do I know.

Being rich doesn't make you evil. Not that I would know but it seems that being rich gives you far less patience. Either way this has to be the worst reason for not liking him.

Helping/allowing/making GM's get rid of loved players....ok it SUCKS and it's a judgement call....but as much as I love CAM for example he was done when Watt (?) destroyed his shoulder. I can shrug and question the judgement but I'm not the one signing paychecks either.

Bad hires...yeah this is on him....but I think we have to give credit for him cutting his losses and owning his mistakes. Reich turned out to be wrong person for wrong time and he fixed his error. All we can do is fix our errors.  This doesn't make him a bad owner.

Throwing water...assaulting...bad judgement for sure. Do I hate him for it? I'll let the media crucify him....me? I LOVE the passion...hell yeah...damn right...talk crap right in my face and you roll the dice. All these fights we see in the stands? Thats people not letting opposing fans talk crap IMO - it ISN"T right and it DOESN"T excuse it...but I get it.  Tepper is my friggin hero now.

The 'meddles' is what kills me. Media LOVES this....and the sheep that read it follow it. If I was an owner you are DANGED right I am going to meddle...I'll call it be engaged in MY team...meddles...omg I still crack up every time I see someone saying this.  I would bet ALL of you guys - cause if there is ONE thing we all have in common is we are Panther fans! If you own the friggin team you are going to do what YOU want. Period. Would some of you listen to experts more?  Probably. I would....but it would be MY choice and Tepper has always echoed this.

So...yes...I know what awaits me.  Poo ahead. I really like our owner and I think we have great things ahead!

Give me 5 reasons why you are a “Fan of Tepper” for things he has done with the Panthers (please do not mention concerts or soccer….in talking about the Panthers here)

1 hour ago, Cat Fanboy said:

I know - unpopular opinion - but I'll take Tepper over half of the other owners.

Why do people hate him?

• Being rich?
  • Getting rid of loved players?
  • Bad hiring choices?
  • Throwing water on people?
  • Meddles with real football people?

What did I miss...isn't that enough right?  Maybe I just see things different...heck I know I do. I still think Rhule got a bum deal so what do I know.

Being rich doesn't make you evil. Not that I would know but it seems that being rich gives you far less patience. Either way this has to be the worst reason for not liking him.

Helping/allowing/making GM's get rid of loved players....ok it SUCKS and it's a judgement call....but as much as I love CAM for example he was done when Watt (?) destroyed his shoulder. I can shrug and question the judgement but I'm not the one signing paychecks either.

Bad hires...yeah this is on him....but I think we have to give credit for him cutting his losses and owning his mistakes. Reich turned out to be wrong person for wrong time and he fixed his error. All we can do is fix our errors.  This doesn't make him a bad owner.

Throwing water...assaulting...bad judgement for sure. Do I hate him for it? I'll let the media crucify him....me? I LOVE the passion...hell yeah...damn right...talk crap right in my face and you roll the dice. All these fights we see in the stands? Thats people not letting opposing fans talk crap IMO - it ISN"T right and it DOESN"T excuse it...but I get it.  Tepper is my friggin hero now.

The 'meddles' is what kills me. Media LOVES this....and the sheep that read it follow it. If I was an owner you are DANGED right I am going to meddle...I'll call it be engaged in MY team...meddles...omg I still crack up every time I see someone saying this.  I would bet ALL of you guys - cause if there is ONE thing we all have in common is we are Panther fans! If you own the friggin team you are going to do what YOU want. Period. Would some of you listen to experts more?  Probably. I would....but it would be MY choice and Tepper has always echoed this.

So...yes...I know what awaits me.  Poo ahead. I really like our owner and I think we have great things ahead!

I actually dont disagree. 

Tepper has swung big but missed several times, but I appreciate that he has swung. 

People love revisionist history so I expect blow back for this but it was what it was at the time. 

2020 - I liked that he hired Rhule who was a sought after College coach known for building teams rather than being a OC or DC guy. He hired Joe Brady who was an up and coming OC in college. Then brought in Teddy who looked good before he got hurt. At the time these were good and thought through decisions. 

2021 - The team learned that Teddy was not the guy and saw another 1st round QB that was on a bad team that had top end potential in Darnold and traded for him. Maybe a bit too much but had Darnold played to his potential no one would have said anything. Draft wise, people keep pointing out we should have drafted Parsons but at the time the value of off the ball LB's was declining across the league and we had a need at CB. Horn was the best man to man corner in the draft. Our 2nd pick in Marshall was also widely regarded as a steal in the draft. Trading for Henderson was also a good trade IMO as he was the highest rated CB in his draft and played for one of the worst NFL HC's ever. Trading a 3 round pick for a top 5 drafted CB is good value. 

2022 - Team brings in Baker. Another big swing at a high potential QB without having to use top draft picks at that position. 

2023 - Tepper cleans house of the coaching staff and tell Fitt to get the best QB. We draft the top QB in the draft. The rest of the team, even the area's of strength regress significantly and we are where we are. 

All of that to say is that we have an owner that I can appreciate will make the moves to put us into better positions. UNFORTUNATLEY so far that moves have not worked out. But I would rather cheer for a team that swings and misses then one that never swings.

Because the opposite it true. When we had Newton the biggest complaint was that we had generational talent on the team but RR and Co. were never was aggressive enough to get the final pieces. How many seasons did we say we just needed a better oline? Basically all of them. But rather than address it we didnt make moves. We wasted one of the best rosters the NFL had ever seen by sitting on our hands. 

Tepper wont let that happen. If we keep swinging, we will hit one.. eventually. 

• Pie 2