• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryan Leaf on if BY is a bust

23 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

At the rate we are going I would consider a consistent winner to even be .500 on the season two years in a row. What can i say, my expectations are low from watching the poo show we have watched for so long

As it should be. I've started the last 3 seasons with low expectations.  Granted that this season has managed to be even worse than I could have imagined. I'm kind of looking forward to reading all of the playoff talk after Tepper hires whatever coach he hires. You know it's coming. It will be hilarious. 

• Beer 1

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you could give Bryce Young Leaf's talent or give Leaf Bryce's mental maturity you'd have a HOF QB. Unfortunately, as is Leaf was an all-time bust and Young is trending that way too.

Theoretically, you could fix or at least mitigate Leaf’s problems through coaching, a fanatical commitment to film study (a la Luke) and LOTS of repetition (muscle memory).  I’m not sure that the weight room and nutrition will fix Young’s physical limitations.

Edited by bythenbrs

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you could give Bryce Young Leaf's talent or give Leaf Bryce's mental maturity you'd have a HOF QB. Unfortunately, as is Leaf was an all-time bust and Young is trending that way too.

Bro this thread is over a month old

• Pie 1

BY is paid milions as the first overall pick.  He didnt come to a perfect situation but the panthers are not as bad as they played all last year.  As the first pick it would be expected his play would elavate those around him instead seems his play if anything brought those around him down hopefully next season he shows more.  

On 1/7/2024 at 4:43 PM, mav1234 said:

We're in the mix for the division with Dalton...

On 1/7/2024 at 6:34 PM, mav1234 said:

This roster isn't as bad as some posters think.  Middle of the road OL, even with bad QB play (makes a huge difference), low end receivers but with a couple bright spots, and a good defense. 

I don't think it can be overstated how such atrocious QB play ruins an offense. Bryce is just so bad... 

On 1/14/2024 at 9:26 AM, Johnstonny said:

Even if Bryce is a total bust that doesn’t change the fact that this offense  is a major  disgrace top to bottom.... Fitt built this garbage by giving away an MVP RB and top 5 WR...

This video with Merril Hoge is before the draft last season. He expresses why he believes CJ Stroud was the better QB. He did not call Young a bust but he definitely pointed out some of the weaknesses that were displayed later on during the season. 

Hoge also called Johnny Manziel a bust prior to his draft and just recently ripped Caleb Williams as "nothing special".

34 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

This video with Merril Hoge is before the draft last season. He expresses why he believes CJ Stroud was the better QB. He did not call Young a bust but he definitely pointed out some of the weaknesses that were displayed later on during the season. 

Hoge also called Johnny Manziel a bust prior to his draft and just recently ripped Caleb Williams as "nothing special".

I wonder what will happen if Caleb comes in under 6 ft

40 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

I think Caleb's talent is special. My concern is that he comes across like a serious diva and much of his game is built around making hay out of broken plays. Don't get me wrong, it's a great thing to be able to freelance when plays break down but you need to be able to execute quickly at a high level within structure to be successful in the NFL. That's what I honestly don't see a lot from him. It seems like if his first read isn't open it's on a be a scramble drill. No OC is gonna build an offense around hot read and if that's not open then broken play scramble drill.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Hoge, says what he thinks. Isn’t always right but he was so dead on with the arm limitations. I am afraid of him being right that Young can be good. Because he will always be limited. I hate limited in a QB.

I guess it’s perspective, I can root for an overachiever if they stick to the underdog role. But you can get one cheap if that’s what you want to do. 

As opposed to selling me that this historically short, slight, limited overachiever is gonna tear up the NFL. See I don’t want to believe it because it is contrary to previous known football values. NFL style anyway. Immediately, I know I need to see why they say that. 

But then I am told I can’t see it because it is inside of him. What he has that makes him the best of all of these prospects, can’t be seen. Only football experts can understand it. But don’t worry, he has a good enough arm. 

Yeah. So I look for myself. What I can see, is not impressive. I have never understood why it was taboo to drop him as not NFL suited. Laud him as an all time great college player, for the college game. There have been many before him that were relegated to that. Afterthoughts in the draft, that may be able to make a roster but it ain’t college any more for them. 

In the end I am left ruing the day of the deed. Asking of no one in particular WHY did MY team have to be the ones to buck decades of hard earned knowledge about scouting the QB position? The misery....