• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Apparently Harbaugh Still wants the job here. But Tepper doesn’t want him

ncfan

9 minutes ago, Martin said:

So what you intel on Ben J being a yes man? Outside of just making it up?

Tepper has taken over the mantle of the boogeyman/most hated so anything he wants means that that person must be willing to cede all play calling and scouting and everything else to Tepper.

I think Tepper has blown ever since he kept Hurney too long but I find it really weird how many people still try to make excuses for bad GMs and coaching (Tepper hired them so his fault at the top) by picking one bad guy. It’s weird to only think in black and white and not be able to grasp that it’s not likely a single point of failure that has taken us to the bottom of the NFL. We’ve failed all over the place, coaching, scouting, drafting, hiring, trading, you name it, we’ve done shitty and gotten worse in all aspects.

If Harbaugh doesn’t get hired then it has to mean Tepper refused to give him any control even though Harbaugh was 100% wishing he’d be the Panthers coach. If Harbaugh is hired it means he is a yes man. Just copy and paste and replace Harbaugh with any candidates name and it will cover about 70% of the posts on hiring.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Tepper only hires yes men.

Nothing against Ben personally, I just know how Tepper thinks. He sucks at this HC thing. Whoever he hires is a yes men with no voice.

Ben walked away once and is too young and talented to feel like a big payday is the only thing on his table. I don't see him coming here given the entire situation. If his chosen spots are not open to him he will just go back to the Lions again.

On the flip side Steichen wanted to come here and he is solid so maybe he was just has different standards Or couldn't read the room like Ben did?

9 minutes ago, djp14 said:

So he's learned nothing.

Man, we are f**ked.

When I seen that drink leave his hands, I knew for sure he'd learned nothing. He seems to not like big personalities with players or coaches. You get snippets from people that show you who they really are and I have been wondering about him since the interaction between him and Cam on the Amazon doc. Cam was just joking with him one day at practice and you could tell he was taking the good natured fun all the wrong way. People saying he wants yes men are an understatement. He wants malcontents he can manipulate and cuckolds. 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

At this point, these are just rumors on the wind.

Look at the posts in here talking about Tepper and Harbaugh as if people know either of them and know that they’ve had a conversation, which I doubt has even occurred. It’s kind of sad how many people jump on rumors and honestly pure BS and run with it and have as much conviction in them as Fitterer did with Young.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, BenjaminBreeg said:

The court of law doesn't apply. The NCAA is the court. 

See this is how I know you don’t have any clue what you’re talking about. The NCAA can’t subpoena anyone, can’t make anyone cooperate with their “investigations” and pretty much folds any time there is a whiff of a college seeking ACTUAL legal action against them.

There are numerous recent examples of this. tez walker and other NCAA transfers who were deemed ineligible; the NCAA vs UNC academic BS; NIL being allowed; schools threatening the ncaa with “Anti trust” lawsuits, etc

UM has a ton of lawyers, alumni, and money where if they tried to hammer them with something they felt was unjust you better believe that poo will be heading to the REAL courts with real judges and procedures. 

do you think that the ncaa can with 100% facts prove that Harbaugh was behind this sign stealing stuff? Like receipts and evidence? 

Of course they can’t. This stuff is being blown way out of proportion anyway. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Multiple outlets have reported that the Carolina job is considered the least desirable.  No surprise.  We talk about top candidates like we have a prayer.  We're going to get the coach who has no other options remaining.  It wouldn't surprise me if all our candidates take other jobs after the first round of interviews and we have to start over.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Multiple outlets have reported that the Carolina job is considered the least desirable.  No surprise.  We talk about top candidates like we have a prayer.  We're going to get the coach who has no other options remaining.  It wouldn't surprise me if all our candidates take other jobs after the first round of interviews and we have to start over.

It is least the desirable, the good news is, it pays the highest.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

See this is how I know you don’t have any clue what you’re talking about. The NCAA can’t subpoena anyone, can’t make anyone cooperate with their “investigations” and pretty much folds any time there is a whiff of a college seeking ACTUAL legal action against them.

There are numerous recent examples of this. tez walker and other NCAA transfers who were deemed ineligible; the NCAA vs UNC academic BS; NIL being allowed; schools threatening the ncaa with “Anti trust” lawsuits, etc

UM has a ton of lawyers, alumni, and money where if they tried to hammer them with something they felt was unjust you better believe that poo will be heading to the REAL courts with real judges and procedures. 

do you think that the ncaa can with 100% facts prove that Harbaugh was behind this sign stealing stuff? Like receipts and evidence? 

Like when UNC and your boy Roy were actively cheating?  NCAA folded like a cheap suit rather then try and enforce any sort of punishment.

Oh you did actually mention it. I'm shocked

Edited by toldozer
  • Flames 1

44 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I don't think you're getting the particulars of this case correctly. The NCAA, of which the University of Michigan Athletics Department is a member and therefore has pledged to abide by its regulations and bylaws, is perfectly empowered to investigate allegations of cheating and hands down penalties as it deems appropriate in accordance with its bylaws. Of course, Michigan could challenge the NCAA in a court of law, all the way up to the Supreme Court, but the nature of the case is rather different from the monopolistic exploitation of college athletes (Sherman Act violation) of previous cases, which were brought by individual athletes. Any court of law worth its salt will not stop the NCAA from handing down penalties against a member institution that knowingly broke agreed-upon bylaws or had so little institutional control that the relevant bylaws were flaunted.

Harbaugh is a tough sell for most owners.  He has always been a no go for someone like Tepper.  You essentially give the team to Harbaugh and Harbaugh is just going to do his thing.  

It has a shelf life.  Panthers could use it though to get back to being respectable. 

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper only wants yes men. The part about Tepper not wanting Harbaugh makes sense to me. The part about Harbaugh coveting this job honestly doesn't though.

my only guess is it is a NFC opening and Harbaugh has a score he would like to settle.  Think he would love to get back at the 49ers.  It's competition.  By the team he got this team up and running the 49ers likely would have to come off of some of their current setup. 

19 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Like when UNC and your boy Roy were actively cheating?  NCAA folded like a cheap suit rather then try and enforce any sort of punishment.

Oh you did actually mention it. I'm shocked

Please dude. UNC was vindicated. I get that a lot of people (duke/NCST fans) were upset that the ncaa didn’t nuke the UNC basketball program, but that anger was misplaced. Y’all should be mad at people like Dan Kane for stringing you along for clicks. 

Another interesting thing about that UNC fake news scandal, you had reporters and investigators dumpster diving at chapel hill looking for a ghost, when if they coulda used half that energy investigating Zion and his family/duke; Suliamon raping people/nc state actively buying recruits …..they may have actually found a story worth reporting. 

Harbaugh and Tepper...............two bulls in a china shop fighting of the last word in every conversation about the Panthers.

How's that going to work out when one of them would end up walking out on the other at "get acquainted" dinner?  

Thanks to Tepper everything in this franchise is going down the rabbit hole so that he can remain right........

My money...........my team. 

Edited by PghPanther