• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan should be seriously considered for GM

NAS

As much as I want to root for Dan Morgan, I think we need a full cleaned house.  Everyone has to go.  Sucks, but the stench has just been too thick and heavy this year.  Just not good enough period.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

56 minutes ago, NAS said:

What were Beane’s successes before he became the GM? 

Morgan was successful with Bills as director of personnel. 

Beane worked his way up from towel boy to assistant GM, without having the advantage of playing in the NFL or “knowing people”. That’s pretty darn impressive to me.

• Pie 2

I think he will likely serve as interim for a couple weeks until the new guy gets here and either get fired or go into a different role.

Then again he could stay Assistant GM for a year or so since he is so familiar with the roster- it would be good for the new GM to have somebody like that until he gets on his feet.

10 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

What if Tepper was originally leaning towards Stroud, but then Morgan came in like "No, Bryce Young"?

Do we want that Guy telling us no?

I 100% believe Fitterer and his team ultimately sold Tepper on Young. 

as bad as Tepper sucks, I don't actually think he would have run counter to Frank and Fitterer. 

• Pie 4

I think a thoroughly cleaned slate is necessary in the FO and througout the building, honestly. 

Not sure if Morgan would be good, or not, but his association with Fitterer and the previous regime should disqualify him. 

• Beer 1

30 minutes ago, d-dave said:

As much as I want to root for Dan Morgan, I think we need a full cleaned house.  Everyone has to go.  Sucks, but the stench has just been too thick and heavy this year.  Just not good enough period.

...Ur never going to flush that one turd left in the bowl... unless he sells.

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

as bad as Tepper sucks, I don't actually think he would have run counter to Frank and Fitterer. 

....and I think thats why he has been sooo incensed lately...

32 minutes ago, CRA said:

Nope, I see it the other way around.  Fitterer is gone, so no need to defend him.  I think Tepper told Fitterer to move up for a QB. He did.  I think Tepper and his analytical side got sucked in by the S2 test.

There is NO WAY Frank wanted a 5'8" QB. If you somehow honestly believe that, I've got ocean front property in Kansas to sell you.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1

His only FA success was Luvu. Remember, his job is veteran scouting/acquisition for this team. Morgan is not someone to lose sleep over if he's not considered.  Let the analytics people/search firm come up with the list and see if his names on it. My guess would be no.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1