• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera Fired

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not saying McD is great but five straight winning seasons says he's at least good.

my take on it simply has changed with all the leaking on McD that was done this year. 

Josh Allen is a rare unicorn QB one man showing it much like Newton did...and emerged at a perfect time in that division. 

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

think he could have some value when you face a team that doesn't fit the modern mold.  Every once in awhile you get a throw back team like the Titans have been the last couple years.    So you throw him on staff because he is a good lockerroom guy and for the random time you might need him (which is the way the NFL works). 

His obsolescence on the field might kill his value off the field. I would have agreed before his time in DC but now retirement looks like his best fit. I just don't know what a cheerleader position looks like for him when the football side is that bad because if a team is playing that kind of team it really shouldn't be hard to understand and know that outdated playbook. IDK, Ron would have to change his MO and that is not really his bag.

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

His obsolescence on the field might kill his value off the field. I would have agreed before his time in DC but now retirement looks like his best fit. I just don't know what a cheerleader position looks like for him when the football side is that bad because if a team is playing that kind of team it really shouldn't be hard to understand and know that outdated playbook. IDK, Ron would have to change his MO and that is not really his bag.

I mean, of John Fox, Dom Capers, and all the rest are out there cashing checks.....I don't see why Ron won't go be part of the flamed out HC crowd to go get on a staff.   Too good of a human/football guy IMO to not find employment in some capacity if wants it in some token role in the good ole boy network. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, of John Fox, Dom Capers, and all the rest are out there cashing checks.....I don't see why Ron won't go be part of the flamed out HC crowd to go get on a staff.   Too good of a human/football guy IMO to not find employment in some capacity if wants it in some token role in the good ole boy network. 

Those 2 are and were better coaches. I agree with about what Ron still has I just don't think he wants to change. He always came off my way or not at all. I could see him going 100% family and never looking back. Time will tell.

Edited by Waldo

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

He honestly might retire.

Wish him nothing but the best in his future, whatever he chooses. Ron was good people, but it was time when we did it, and time for the commies to do it.

The big moment for me where I realized he was done was where the reporters asked him to comment on that Thanksgiving weekend game between Chiefs and Rams. You can tell he didn't like the direction of the NFL. 

5 hours ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Perfect timing to bring Hurney and Ron back to win back over the fanbase from their "glory" years

I hated having Hurney as our GM after 09. The game just passed him by.

Having said that, I would hire him as a "First round Consultant" in a heartbeat. Nothing more. No input on the second round guys who "Had a first round grade" because those guys always suck for us too.

First Round Consultant, that's it.

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Good man. Would take him back here as DC in a heartbeat.

You should have stopped at good man - he is. 

His team just finished 32nd in the league in scoring defense.  That's not the guy I want guiding our defense.