• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coach/GM Updates

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What better opportunity does Johnson think he is going to get?  Top 2 pick. New owners.  New stadium.  Adam Peter's.  Rabid fanbase potentially.   

This just seems really odd.  

Maybe…he is happy where he is…doing what he does…for who he does it for

i said the same in another thread a few weeks ago

not sure he has the personality for a HC either and he may have personal considerations 

it is more than possible to have a long, lucrative career as a coordinator  without the spotlight, aggravation and pressure of a HC

not everyone is cutout for the belly of the beast NFL HCs endure 

• Pie 5

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

That’s fine if true, but he needs to stop wasting everybody’s time with the interviews tbh.

Maybe he was interviewing thinking the Lions were going to win the SB and he'd have a ring before moving on to start the next phase of his career. Staying in Detroit gives him a really good shot again next year, far sooner than he would have building from the ground up in another franchise. 

• Pie 2

43 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What better opportunity does Johnson think he is going to get?  Top 2 pick. New owners.  New stadium.  Adam Peter's.  Rabid fanbase potentially.   

It is a tough division to win.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Man if we waited and this happened to us again this place would be going crazy.  

I mean, if I were on a plane flying to meet some guy at his convenience and mid-flight he goes "nah, I'm good", I'd be pretty pissed.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Fans make a bigger deal out of things like draft picks being high than I suspect coaching candidates... Seattle is in many ways a more attractive job, better roster etc.

Johnson is a good coach and I suspect he'll have equal or better opportunities in the future.  

• Pie 1