• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Panthers cleaning house how safe is Bryce

1 minute ago, Frank9999 said:

So we are hiring guys saying THIS has to be qb next year? 

I think after a pick swap, the first this upcoming draft, DJ, and a 2nd in 2025 common sense would say to let it play out next year without allocating any more ''potentially'' unnecessary resources toward the QB position. 

IIRC we've invested 11 picks and have had 6 or 7 different starters at QB since 2020.

So while I don't think anyone would be told ''THIS IS THE GUY PERIOD'' our situation does not lend itself to any other viable option at QB moving into next season. This is why most believe 25' is the first year we could see real change, that gives any staff a season to assess where we are under that new regime.

Drafting / trading / signing a QB doesn't do anything for us based on the likely available options. We don't have the ''current'' draft capital to select a QB either without trading back to acquire picks so we can still address depth issues.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

Is Tepper still the owner? If yes the I guarantee you Bryce gets 2024 at a minimum.

Dude we honestly dont even know if Tepper wants to be loyal to Bryce. It could very well be the case that Scott was the reason we took Bryce. 

I am ultimately just saying I think cleaning house opens up all possibilities. Bryce for sure got a raw deal this year but I just dont think its a even guaranteed we move forward with him as the franchise qb. 

Edited by Frank9999

A few things at play here.

1) Most likely scenario is that Tepper hires people who believe in Bryce and sell him a plan for winning with Bryce. He’s going to want to try to not look like a dumbass for going all in for Bryce. 

2) In the absence of that scenario there could absolutely still be plenty of legit qualified people who may believe in Bryce and want him as their QB. He was 1st overall for a reason and was regarded as a potential generational prospect if he had the conventional size. For as bad as Bryce has been his size really hasn’t been the issue at all so I’m sure plenty of coaches think they could get much more out of him. So depends who we hire.

3) The thing that’ll keep him safe on the roster is that he has more value to us than he has to other teams. What team would give more than a 3rd for him right now? If we keep him as a backup next year his value doesn’t change that much and we could still trade him later. No reason to push him out for pretty much nothing in return at this point. May as well keep him around as an option. However this doesn’t mean he should or will be handed the starting job again. Any new staff should just be treating him as a piece on the roster that will have to completely earn his playing time. If a 3rd round rookie comes in and outplays him then by all means let that guy start over him.

• Pie 1

It depends on Tepper. If he's still Tepper's chosen one then he's the safest player in the NFL. If Tepper is actually going to finally give real football people real decision making power (I know, hold your laughter) then his future would be very muddy.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Dude we honestly dont even know if Tepper wants to be loyal to Bryce. It could very well be the case that Scott was the reason we took Bryce. 

I am ultimately just saying I think cleaning house opens up all possibilities. Bryce for sure got a raw deal this year but I just dont think its a even guaranteed we move forward with him as the franchise qb. 

Your grasping right now, Brycey is Teppers brainchild 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It depends on Tepper. If he's still Tepper's chosen one then he's the safest player in the NFL. If Tepper is actually going to finally give real football people real decision making power (I know, hold your laughter) then his future would be very muddy.

If you want a true franchise QB starting Brycey "Peewee height" Young is the way to go either he ridiculously improves or like we all expect falls flat and we pick a top qb next season...

Not even convinced that is the case. 

Btw despite the username I am NOT on board with Brycey I don't know if I can stomach anther season of him... and am of the belief if we started Dalton all year we would have contended for the division.

21 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

This is a complete rebuild, anything is on table. Saying “you dont give up on #1 pick after one season” is meaningless now. 

If we had the #1 pick this year it wouldn't be completely off the table because we'd presumably have viable other options. But we don't even have a 1st rounder, so we have little choice but to try to turn it around with Bryce and hope a new coaching staff helps.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

If we had the #1 pick this year it wouldn't be completely off the table because we'd presumably have viable other options. But we don't even have a 1st rounder, so we have little choice but to try to turn it around with Bryce and hope a new coaching staff helps.

I agree that in our position it’s prob in our best interest to see if Bryce can develop. But tbh in the NFL a lot can change year to year and let’s not also forget all the gems found later in draft ALL the time. With an entire new front office/staff there could just be drastic changes. Thats just how I see it. Tepper should hire the best fit to run/lead a franchise and say its entirely up to them the direction we go. 

Edited by Frank9999

I suspect next year will be Bryce's trial season with a new HC. Tepper is going to force the new GM to get the adequate weapons needed to evaluate Young and if he doesn't improve then anything is on the table I would imagine. 

New Gm, new coach, whole new staff...Bryce young is on the clock whether you like it or not. New staff are not attached to current roster players especially qbs who are not already established success in the league. Thats the truth.