• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers interview requests

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Wouldn’t there be some protections if that happened? No way the NFL would allow a team to keep a first round pick traded if the asset you traded for retired. 

lol, yeah probably a compensatory 3rd round pick. Very Panther-esque to trade a 1st round for a 3rd. 

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Trading next year's 1st for Belichick and then Belichick just saying "fug this, I retire" would be 

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952h7wrpog8jcstgavej

Exactly.  Then Kraft will hire Belichick at some other form and they will all laugh at Tepper.

7 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

This is really really good. He is probably the best on the list. Not an analytics guy. Talent evaluation guy and one of the best at it.

McClay is the type that could be the “President” or Head of Football Ops.

IMG_2342.jpeg

Now we're talkin' 😃

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Leaky_Faucet said:

This is really really good. He is probably the best on the list. Not an analytics guy. Talent evaluation guy and one of the best at it.

McClay is the type that could be the “President” or Head of Football Ops.

IMG_2342.jpeg

Yeah, he's my favorite for the GM job along with Adam Peters. Either one would be outstanding hires.

36 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Whoever signs on to try to turn this team around will have more difficulty dealing with Tepper than attempting to fix this roster. And this roster is ass. Let that sink in for a minute. 

i don't expect next year for us to be anywhere near good. we'll be at the bottom of the worst division in the NFL. i don't expect us to be good. i don't expect us to be remotely interesting next year. hopefully if we suck, it will be enough to earn the #1 pick in the '25 draft and we don't trade any picks away. 

i don't want us to try and finagle our way to getting a better team next year through trades. only trading we should be doing is whatever we can to increase the number of picks in the '25 draft. next year is going to suck anyways, so why not use that to stockpile picks and cap space? new coach needs to see next year as a dead year and the goal for that coaching staff should be just to get through the year and see who we want to keep around. 

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

i don't expect next year for us to be anywhere near good. we'll be at the bottom of the worst division in the NFL. i don't expect us to be good. i don't expect us to be remotely interesting next year. hopefully if we suck, it will be enough to earn the #1 pick in the '25 draft and we don't trade any picks away. 

i don't want us to try and finagle our way to getting a better team next year through trades. only trading we should be doing is whatever we can to increase the number of picks in the '25 draft. next year is going to suck anyways, so why not use that to stockpile picks and cap space? new coach needs to see next year as a dead year and the goal for that coaching staff should be just to get through the year and see who we want to keep around. 

I totally agree. That should have been the plan from the jump. But they've been struggling to figure out if they are rebuilding or making a run. Until Dave figures that out I'm not sure what is going on. He's 5 years behind on making that decision. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2