• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan going for GM job

Jmac

24 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Per Mike Lombardi on GM Shuffle yesterday - “I don’t know where this all goes…I was told Dan Morgan - perhaps he’s really kind of endeared himself to Tepper’s wife.”

Carolina discussion starts at 43:36 mark.

FYI: can't edit now but my original quote should have said "saw it suggested" not "so I suggested". The idea did not come from me 😣

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

wait what?

I’ve listened a few times and I don’t know why Mike would throw that out there. Some things he’s dead on about and others he misses pretty bad. We’ve heard murmurs about Nicole’s influence. I don’t think that would be said if it didn’t matter…..everybody is free to interpret it as they see fit. This goes back to the alignment/faction thing - can’t have this crap going on in any serious organization. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: can't edit now but my original quote should have said "saw it suggested" not "so I suggested". The idea did not come from me 😣

Oh yeah didn’t take it that way. Probably should’ve done it as it’s own post. Apologies. Take Lombardi’s words as you will. Just thought it was interesting that sentence was said about the situation. 

28 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Oh yeah didn’t take it that way. Probably should’ve done it as it’s own post. Apologies. Take Lombardi’s words as you will. Just thought it was interesting that sentence was said about the situation. 

Nah, nothing on you. I just didn't see how it posted until your quote 😄

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

The fact was, we felt so strongly about the quarterback this year, right?" Fitterer said. "Like, even in our February meetings, where every scout had the same opinion on this guy. It never really changed. It just kind of held strong that way, right? That reinforced that we're doing the right thing."

Fitterer and the scouts thought a certain way in January. A new staff of coaches rolls in in February, and they initially think the same thing. The more they learned, the more sure they became.

Tepper specially said almost every guy in the building in his presser, that’s what I am referring to.

2 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Tepper specially said almost every guy in the building in his presser, that’s what I am referring to.

Yeah I here you but my point still stands, unless they are a prospect like TL or Luck you would expect a scouting dept to be pretty split.  So either they were all incompetent morons or they were sucking up to tepper.  Something tells me they know if they banged the table for stroud and young was who the teppers wanted there might be problems

I mean tepper has a scapegoat now in Fitt, he can just claim fitt orchestrated the trade and was the lead person on Young so his hands are clean but we know how this went down

5 hours ago, t96 said:

nope, clear house don't want anyone who has the stench to remain

One of the only good things Gettleman left us was this quote: Sometimes, the answer is on your roster.

aka, Brandon Beane, who was considered 'trash' after being twice looked over for being a Marty Hurney, then a Gettleman holdover. Now look where he is and how consistent they've been. It's a damn shame.

Give Morgan a shot, cuz you never know. Sometimes the answer is on your roster.

9ec75283-c16e-4d2d-af3e-b9840950fc5e-large16x9_BillsTuesday6_frame_3979.thumb.webp.9bd1cc8020a3968191edd0b0c42fc4a2.webp

Edited by blueandblackattack

2 minutes ago, blueandblackattack said:

One of the only good things Gettleman left us was this quote: Sometimes, the answer is on your roster.

aka, Brandon Beane, who was considered 'trash' after being twice looked over for being a Marty Hurney, then a Gettleman holdover. Now look where he is and how consistent they've been. It's a damn shame.

Give Morgan a shot, cuz you never know. Sometimes the answer is on your roster.

9ec75283-c16e-4d2d-af3e-b9840950fc5e-large16x9_BillsTuesday6_frame_3979.thumb.webp.9bd1cc8020a3968191edd0b0c42fc4a2.webp

okay give him a shot, but why?  What are his accomplishments? 

20 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Morgan is a former player and like Lynch a pretty smart guy.  I wouldn't be against it.  Especially if what I heard was true that he stood up to Tepper. 

What is this in reference to?

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

okay give him a shot, but why?  What are his accomplishments? 

What did Brandon Beane accomplish before being hired by the Bills? IT goes both ways. Just cuz Bleacher Report or the media doesn't report it or know behind closed doors, doesn't mean people on the inside don't know. Or not know. Doesn't hurt to interview.