• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breer on the Search Process

Mr. Scot

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nothing has changed. Tepper is still retaining his same control. He's already said as much without realizing it letting it leak that they're focusing on the coach first then the GM. Same poo, different day. You hire a GM first and let the GM hire the coach. That's the way this poo works in functional organizations. But this is Tepper's poo show and he refuses to learn. Once again we'll have a GM and a head coach neither on the same page, both reporting directly to Tepper, and a junk show of a roster and product on the field. This is what we're going to be as long as Tepper insists on being the man in charge of a football organization when he evidently knows less about my wife whose involvement in football consists of her rolling her eyes at me watching it.

Tepper is trying soccer model in NFL.  In soccer, manager/coach builds the roster but GM only manages finances.  Tepper did the same with Matt Rhule and failed.

2 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Tepper is trying soccer model in NFL.  In soccer, manager/coach builds the roster but GM only manages finances.  Tepper did the same with Matt Rhule and failed.

I'd hope it's more like the 49ers.

Adam Peters runs the personnel side of things. John Lynch runs everything else.

I'm good with that as a model.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

Tepper keeps trying to buck the NFL model and keeps failing miserably. He's the laughing stock of the league.

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd hope it's more like the 49ers.

Adam Peters runs the personnel side of things. John Lynch runs everything else.

I'm good with that as a model.

It's the Tepper model. He's in charge and everyone else just says "yes sir, great idea sir". The ones who don't get fired. Eventually you get fired anyway because he needs new fall guys.

This looks like the biggest nothing burger in sports. Honestly, 90% of the candidate is what everyone wanted, so what maybe 2 people turned us down, and that's if this report isn't exaggerated. I think we will be fine.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 3

That honestly is not a bad idea. If it was being reported that half the candidates out there were refusing to even interview for the job it could hurt our chances of getting quality candidates to actually interview.

I get what he's saying, but in this case optics could actually matter.

3 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Y’all can keep screaming but the Disner and Halaby interviews scream president of football more than GM is which how the Eagles run things. Making proclamations this early is silly. 

That my thought as well, that is not a bad set up at all. 

• Pie 1