• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Wildcard Weekend - Games Thread

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Pretty accurate but only going back like 30 years. 

Ya, the cowboys have won a Super Bowl much more recently than the Leafs have won the cup. 

But being the NFL’s & broadcasters darling team while choking every time you make it to the first round of the playoffs is on point with the leafs. 

Edited by Harbingers

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It wasn't an accident that I compared us to that 1999-2017 Browns era. Tons of similarities.

TBH, I forsee about the same thing happening. Around 20ish years of being the butt of a lot of league jokes.

1 hour ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Oh yeah, it’s going to get a lot worse. 

If I were making a prediction, I'd probably say the same thing.

Since I'm a fan of course, I'm hoping for a different outcome.

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You wear glasses?

Are you on heavy medication?

Do you do drugs?

I need answers!

Yes. Perhaps. Nope.

Your offered opinion earlier shows you really do need some answers.

So here they are, pertaining to this.

One guy made it to the playoffs, where the Dolphins died in the cold.

The other guy got to watch the game from home and has been left wondering if his team will draft his replacement this coming season.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

How do they not have like heating band or something around the back of the seats so they can melt it off instead of asking a bunch of fans to shovel it. Like not even that major or expensive just something that puts off enough heat over the course of time that the snow can’t accumulate like that. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, Harbingers said:

How do they not have like heating band or something around the back of the seats so they can melt it off instead of asking a bunch of fans to shovel it. Like not even that major or expensive just something that puts off enough heat over the course of time that the snow can’t accumulate like that. 

I'd imagine a lot of the concrete flatwork there has snowmelt but install on vertical surfaces and plastic seats is not something worth having with how shoddy that would be and no real proven products for that application, at that scale.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

I wondered why they didn't have it running through the concrete around the place but I guess they can just give a couple of tickets to guys willing to do it as a fan is my guess. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I wondered why they didn't have it running through the concrete around the place but I guess they can just give a couple of tickets to guys willing to do it as a fan is my guess. 

Cause the stadium is old as fug if I remember correctly. 

• Beer 1

40 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I'd imagine a lot of the concrete flatwork there has icemelt but install on vertical surfaces and plastic seats is not something worth having with how shoddy that would be and no real proven products for that application, at that scale.  

Ya I meant on the concrete behind the seat not on the back of the seats themselves. But then I guess you gotta worry about it icing if the radiant heat isn’t hot enough. Which would also be a big lawsuit issue.