• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Belichick to the Falcons incoming?

ncfan

I know there is an around the league coaching search thread.  
But going to put this out here because is only so much we can gurgle ***** and moan about owner, former coach/GM, QB, OL, or anything else I left off.

But looking like Bill is going to our division rival.

Falcons (as it’s been pointed out in another thread) also have been denying assistants interview opportunities elsewhere……until yesterday.  Where it was reported they have been told they can interview for employment elsewhere.

Now looks like Bill is back for another interview with them today.

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1747998878622699672?s=46

IMG_7509.jpeg

Think the Falcons still have to interview two Rooney Rule candidates in-person before they can hire Belichick, but yeah I think he'll likely end up there. Wouldn't be surprised to see them bring in Leslie Frazier and another currently unemployed "candidate" (like the Raiders did with Kris Richard) so they can move quickly here. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I'm not worried. Belichick hasn't looked anywhere as good without Brady and I highly doubt he finds another QB that good before he retires.

Not so sure that's a complete assessment.  It's much more fair to say Belichick hasn't looked as good without his offensive coordinator.  Mac Jones was a Pro Bowl QB running Josh McDaniels system, and now he looks like a bust.

He's also been the GM up there, and wrecked the roster.  In Atlanta, they have a GM who has done a pretty good job of building a roster.  Effectively, the weaknesses that caused the downturn in Foxboro have been largely accounted for in Atlanta.

I am not excited about having him in our division, with McDaniels and that set of skill players.  If Atlanta winds up with a QB, it's going to suck for us.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Not so sure that's a complete assessment.  It's much more fair to say Belichick hasn't looked as good without his offensive coordinator.  Mac Jones was a Pro Bowl QB running Josh McDaniels system, and now he looks like a bust.

He's also been the GM up there, and wrecked the roster.  In Atlanta, they have a GM who has done a pretty good job of building a roster.  Effectively, the weaknesses that caused the downturn in Foxboro have been largely accounted for in Atlanta.

I am not excited about having him in our division, with McDaniels and that set of skill players.  If Atlanta winds up with a QB, it's going to suck for us.

Still not worried. As for sucking for us? That's going to happen anyway. The Panthers look to be years away from competing for anything other than last place in the division.

• Flames 2

Belichick doesn't worry me as much as Atlanta actually drafting a good QB. That’s the real worry we should have. They have weapons and a decent D and if they upgrade the QB spot, they would be a favorite for the division. TB actually has the most cap space but Atlanta is in good shape (just a bit more than us). NO is the only team that has a crazy amount of cap work to do.

• Pie 2