• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young was sacked 62 times

Shocker

8 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I never said the oline was responsible for all the sacks. Not sure why you wasted your time arguing that. 

🤷‍♂️ it is a VERY common argument. I was responding to you, but not everything I said was directed solely at you. 

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, behind that line, with those receivers, poor play concepts, constant tee-ing off by defenders, and no real running game... even peak Joe Montana and Tom Brady dropped into that situation would have collapsed.

I'm not sold on Bryce, and haven't been since the pick was made, but dang man, got to give the kid a fair shot at it. And woof, he got screwed about as bad as the fans did this year.

Young on many occasions looked like the worst player on the field though.That would never happen with peak Brady or Montana. They could both play under center, do QB sneaks, Hail Marys, accurate deep passes, great footwork and pocket awareness, tons of moxie. All things Young lacks. 

Young was one of the primary reasons we were so bad this year. Maybe he can turn it around but it would have to be one of the most miraculous 180s the sports world has seen. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

On 1/19/2024 at 5:51 AM, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

It's his fault for eating so many sacks. He sucks at reading defenses and making pre snap adjustments. He can't even do a simple drop back, and his footwork is literally middle school level poo. He also holds onto the ball for too long, and he lacks pocket awareness. He needs to learn to throw away the ball instead of taking sacks. 

I scoff at the notion that it's all his fault. Sure, he held onto the ball too long like some rookies tend to do, but let's not act like most of the sacks weren't due to the interior of the line getting run over, or that some assignments weren't flat out missed. I'll attribute at most a third of those to Bryce, the rest were due to horrendous O-libe play. 40+ sacks is still way too much.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

Young was one of the primary reasons we were so bad this year. Maybe he can turn it around but it would have to be one of the most miraculous 180s the sports world has seen. 

It would probably require the help of some p.e.d.'s just to get close to the physical level of average QB's.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

It would probably require the help of some p.e.d.'s just to get close to the physical level of average QB's.

I find that facetious. All Bryce needs to do is get in the weight room and put on some muscle. He has world class facilities, trainers and nutritionists at his disposal. He's not going to be a big guy, but he can be a strong guy, perhaps stronger than Brees at his best, Baker, Tua, Russ, or Tyler (to name a few).

Edited by top dawg

15 hours ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

In those situations Bryce should have thrown the ball away. QBs are taught to throw the ball away if there's nothing there. Don't just stand there and take sacks. Throw the ball away, damn it! 

I fully acknowledge that Bryce took plenty of sacks he shouldnt have, But there are times where you are hanging in the pocket waiting for a WR to come open. There are touchdowns every Sunday where the QB "hung tough" in the pocket and then a WR came open. If you go back and look at Jordan Love's touchdown to Doubs last week, the cowboys blitzed, Jordan hung as long in the pocket as long as he could and then delivered a dime. 

I dont think we want a QB throwing the ball away anytime he senses pressure, nor do we want a QB looking at the rush. Its a balancing act that Bryce has far from mastered. But it is a balancing act.

9 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

🤷‍♂️ it is a VERY common argument. I was responding to you, but not everything I said was directed solely at you. 

How many stunts did the OL completely whiff on, it was pathetic. Not all statistic pressures are equal. Panthers consistently flat out whiffed. 

Edited by Ghostofdelhomme
  • Pie 1

Just now, Ghostofdelhomme said:

How many stunts did the OL completely whiff on, it was pathetic. Not all statistic pressures are equal. Panthers consistently flat out whiffed. 

Stop arguing with these guys. They love CJ and hate Bryce. Doesn't matter what you say, it'll be debated and/or labeled as cope. No QB can get in a rhythm if they can't trust their oline to protect them or any of their receivers to get open. 

But they'll always end with the caveat that they eally want Bryce to improve and will cheer for him when he does. Yet they crap on the gut every chance they get. CYA.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Stop arguing with these guys. They love CJ and hate Bryce. Doesn't matter what you say, it'll be debated and/or labeled as cope. No QB can get in a rhythm if they can't trust their oline to protect them or any of their receivers to get open. 

But they'll always end with the caveat that they eally want Bryce to improve and will cheer for him when he does. Yet they crap on the gut every chance they get. CYA.

Yup. Not gonna gaslight 15 garbage games, sorry. He had one great game, would love to see more of that, but I don't count on it, and I'm not gonna pretend last season was worth a #1 pick

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TN05 said:

Yup. Not gonna gaslight 15 garbage games, sorry. He had one great game, would love to see more of that, but I don't count on it, and I'm not gonna pretend last season was worth a #1 pick

Why poo my post if you agree? You ❤️ CJ and hate Bryce. But if Bryce gets a little help and turns into a franchise QB, you'll celebrate him figuring it out. Right?

2 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Why poo my post if you agree? You ❤️ CJ and hate Bryce. But if Bryce gets a little help and turns into a franchise QB, you'll celebrate him figuring it out. Right?

I don't hate Bryce. I hate how this team played with him, I hate what we gave up, and I hate how wrong the pick was in hindsight.

Maybe he'll be Tua. I doubt it. That's probably his peak, so... I hope he hits it.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TN05 said:

I don't hate Bryce. I hate how this team played with him, I hate what we gave up, and I hate how wrong the pick was in hindsight.

Maybe he'll be Tua. I doubt it. That's probably his peak, so... I hope he hits it.

That's fine. I didn't think the Panthers should have traded up for any of them because the team wasn't good enough yet.

I have a problem with Panthers fans slurping CJ and crapping on Bryce when the situations are not equal.