• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

y'all need to get used to the idea that we aren't going to interview anyone else aside from these three because most won't consider this to be a good option. Slowik is likely going to take the Ben Johnson route and stand pat for another year while Ben Johnson and other guys have better situations interested in them.

True, there's nothing flashy about guys like Evero, Canales, and Morris, but they could all easily be, in their own rights, better than what we've had in years. All three are good about getting a lot out of their players. Canales would probably be a lot more useful to us as far as getting a QB ready to be a winner here, but i think all of them are definitely respectable. 

we aren't the cool catch that can get any hyped up HC we want, so we have to set the bar at respectable. 

• Pie 4

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

y'all need to get used to the idea that we aren't going to interview anyone else aside from these three because most won't consider this to be a good option. Slowik is likely going to take the Ben Johnson route and stand pat for another year while Ben Johnson and other guys have better situations interested in them.

True, there's nothing flashy about guys like Evero, Canales, and Morris, but they could all easily be, in their own rights, better than what we've had in years. All three are good about getting a lot out of their players. Canales would probably be a lot more useful to us as far as getting a QB ready to be a winner here, but i think all of them are definitely respectable. 

we aren't the cool catch that can get any hyped up HC we want, so we have to set the bar at respectable. 

And we’ve seen many times before that “second tier” candidates do really well and even better that the cream of the crop ones. But we’ll see.

• Pie 4

27 minutes ago, frankw said:

I would be fine with Canales idk why you guys are suddenly worried about who is or isn't interested. Matt Rhule was a hot name and had interest from multiple teams. Let's not get carried away with the theatrics here.

Agree

i took the time to look at some of his interviews on YouTube.  Very level headed. Calm guy. 

His takes on offense and how to run it are simple, common sense, adaptable to all situations of common sense and execution   Smart 

he also knows how to get TEs involved 

god knows, with Young at Qb, something needs to happen that is not overly complicated or exotic 

he made baker look good….having Evans,  Godwin and a decent oline helped 

I get people like exotic offense like McDonald’s but they are sitting home. 

all the other offenses are not overly complicated 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I agree, I would like Canales or Eviro tbh. I think if we are going the DC route, Id prefer Eviro over Morris, Id also probably prefer MacDonald over all the defensive options, not sure how highly sought he will be.

• Pie 3

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I honestly don't see why Canales isn't viewed as more "flashy".  Same goes for Macdonald.  

They are still young, have more experience than Slowik and Johnson, held steady in minimal spots, & have the bulk of their careers under great coaches (Both Harbaughs & Carroll).  For nerdier football types, Canales has been getting hype for more than this year, longer than Slowik.   

It may boil down to some may only be excited about Shanahan tree ties, but that's not the end all/be all for where you can find a young gun. 

And honestly, Evero seems like a great potential coach. 

Morris is the one I think would give the most divisive reaction.  His time as a HC was long ago, but not the best.  But on the flipside, he's been in a great org with McVay, and had some GREAT rookie work this year in Byron Young and Kobie Turner.  Both in the running for DROY.  

Monken is the only one that would make me raise an eyebrow.     

• Pie 5

8 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I honestly don't see why Canales isn't viewed as more "flashy".  Same goes for Macdonald.  

They are still young, have more experience than Slowik and Johnson, held steady in minimal spots, & have the bulk of their careers under great coaches (Both Harbaughs & Carroll).  For nerdier football types, Canales has been getting hype for more than this year, longer than Slowik.   

It may boil down to some may only be excited about Shanahan tree ties, but that's not the end all/be all for where you can find a young gun. 

And honestly, Evero seems like a great potential coach. 

Morris is the one I think would give the most divisive reaction.  His time as a HC was long ago, but not the best.  But on the flipside, he's been in a great org with McVay, and had some GREAT rookie work this year in Byron Young and Kobie Turner.  Both in the running for DROY.  

Monken is the only one that would make me raise an eyebrow.     

It’s honestly a good year to need a coach. There are a lot of solid options. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s honestly a good year to need a coach. There are a lot of solid options. 

I was afraid that would be the case when Ben Johnson backed out last year because our crop became very meh without Steichen interest.

Didn't foresee the trainwreck that would ensure giving us a shot this year haha

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Mage said:

Canales could help us acquire Mike Evans, who will be a free agent, depending on the relationship they had.  

Tyler Lockett is also a likely cap casualty in Seattle who would be a great help.

They know eachother intimately from his years with Baldwin as their WR coach.  

49 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I do wonder if we have a dark horse candidate no one has legitimately linked us to yet. My guess in that case would be Vrabel, who I'd be thrilled with.

Albright hinted at a Vrabel possibility on X.  

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, MrBubba said:

Albright hinted at a Vrabel possibility on X.  

I like Albright, but he's not always exactly spot on, he makes sensible predictions though.  More so "Would make sense if they have interest in Vrabel"