• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan named GM/President

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Well yeah ... I just mean Dan had zero pull. Zero. Now he has to do what Fitterer couldn't. Convince his boss.

We will never know who had what part in any of the decisions. But, it's becoming increasingly clear that Tepper's fingerprints are on just about everything. Similar to Snyder, Al Davis, Jerry Jones, etc. All the worst of the meddling owners.

Is there anyone that knows anything about football really think Dan Morgan can build an NFL roster?  If so, what track record says he can do anything here?

Tepper wants control and he is the worst owner in sports including Jordan and that shet is amazingly bad

Just now, Ricky Prickles said:

Now all the fat boy key board warriors who talked poo to him when he was on this board can get mad all over. I still stand by the fact that you tubbies who harassed him don't have even a quarter of the balls it would take to say it to his face as you know how it would turn out fatties.

People talk poo on the internet. It’s part of the game.

Morgan came in to an establishment I worked at 15+ years ago and I waited on him and his party - he was very polite, quiet, and a great tipper. I don’t think he is a bad dude at all I just am a little apprehensive based on what happened this past year. 

Remind me of the picks/trades Morgan had his name on over the past 3 drafts? Does he claim any of them or did he have 0 influence over the past 3 seasons?

How many LBs did he evaluate in the draft with success? DJ Johnson? Brandon Smith? Did he push to trade up? Have the Panthers gotten better or worse at LB since Ron Rivera?

This would be the first & easiest test for Morgan.

I do not agree with his draft & scouting process either. Let's hope he was just parroting Fitterer & he completely changes that up too.

Is he on board with Burns being a key part of the Panthers future & not more valuable in a trade with a team like the Rams? Will he break the bank for Burns?

Since he's been in place & comes with the previous culture, which will be doubled down on imo, I give him 1 to 2 seasons to show playoff success & at least win in the NFC South.

How has the Panthers defense improved over the past 3 seasons (especially in the draft)? DJ Johnson, Jammie Robinson, Brandon Smith, Amare Barno, Kalon Barnes, Jaycee Horn, Dayvion Nixon, Keith Taylor & Phil Hoskins? It's been musical chairs for defensive positions not signed off on by Marty Hurney with 1 exception in Luvu. Can Morgan claim that 1 win with the defensive roster in 3 seasons?

GL Morgan. You have a lot of cleaning up to do & you know you've helped in making the mess.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s why you get poo. You’re a ***** psycho. I didn’t say he’s great. I said he’s not necessarily a yes man. To make your statement look even more stupid, Nas said in his thread he knows a guy that knows Morgan and Morgan was the only one that would stand up to Tepper. And that’s the guy Tepper hired. Should make you think about reevaluating your biases. But I’m sure it won’t. 

I bring the best out of people. Had to crack your shell. You do a lot of pooing with no responding. Glad to see you finally break that shell.

I'm hoping Morgan is the best GM possible. Just can't put faith into Tepper that's all.

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Tepper literally just hired him because he’ll play Bryce even though he’s a bust lol

I mean to put it bluntly this is what a lot of folks probably think. Its just my opinion but I’d bet that the GM must keep Bryce was a part of the hiring process. 

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Big time miss from the Panthers here, but I doubt any of us expected anything different.  

It is mind boggling that anyone involved with the roster management of the team would be allowed back in the building after last year but here we are. 

there is a strong possibility that no other candidates worth a poo would touch the team with a 50’ pole. 

not coming at anyone here - for real, arguing on here is wild.

but honest question 🙋‍♂️ why do so many assume everyone on staff is responsible equally for the state of affairs?

If your boss or others in your company are doing things poorly wouldn't some of the lower level guys with a front row seat have a realistic idea of what should change. or am I the only one thinking this way?

thanks for reading

• Pie 6

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Tepper might be a sociopath.  He is a complete idiot.  A fuggin curse

I think most billionaires and people worth his type of money probably are sociopaths. When you can basically do whatever TF you want and have your own set of societal rules it would probably change a lot of people. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I bring the best out of people. Had to crack your shell. You do a lot of pooing with no responding. Glad to see you finally break that shell.

I'm hoping Morgan is the best GM possible. Just can't put faith into Tepper that's all.

That's where I'm at at this point. No idea what to expect from Dan, and I really have zero expectations. But the fact that Nicole was involved in this whole process just puts that nail in the coffin a little deeper that Dave hasn't actually learned a gotdamn thing from watching this shitshow since buying the team. No matter what Dan does, Tepper is still the problem and that's not going to change. 

• Pie 1