• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding the Morgan hire...

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

Is the failed coal pizza restaurant off limits too?

60% of restaurants fail in their first year and 80% fail within 5, so I'd say yeah. that was trying something unique and it didn't work out, though I heard it was pretty good pizza.

• Pie 8

Dans hire is more about Tepper, not Dan. It’s impossible to know what level of involvement Dan had building the roster, but as you said he was well regarded coming in. It’s just hard to trust anything Tep does and I would have preferred a clean slate, but Dan deserves a chance.

• Beer 1

Just now, KSpan said:

60% of restaurants fail in their first year and 80% fail within 5, so I'd say yeah. that was trying something unique and it didn't work out, though I heard it was pretty good pizza.

Pizza restaurants are a different category because it has a reputation for being fast food and I see a lot of sit down style pizza restaurants fail. A lot of times they’re not even a restaurant. They are a hub for pickups and deliveries and are a gold mine if done correctly. That biz was doomed from the start. 

23 minutes ago, DrowsyJungle said:

There's another prior player GM doing really well these days on the west Coast. That's what gives me some hype. See what Dan has to offer. No sense being negative about it.

Morgan actually has way more legitimate scouting experience than Lynch.

Adam Peters was their personnel guy.

• Pie 5

Meanwhile no poster here REALLY knew anything about anyone being interviewed as a candidate, but hates on Morgan just because he was already employed here. As a former player who gave us everything, we should all come together now and hope for the best and root for the man. He was viewed as an excellent talent before coming here and as well as an up and coming gm candidate. I have a lot of examples where people have left here and had immediate success, we don’t even know what Morgan brings to the table yet, nor does anyone know his real responsibilities in his former role.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

52 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just gonna be proactive here and say something that won't be needed but I'm just gonna throw it out there anyway.

Dan was a great player for us and he was seen as a promising up and coming front office person who looked destined to be a future GM when he was initially hired on here.  Now with that said, if it doesn't work out and when a move doesn't go as goes or planned (and it WILL happen even if he becomes a great GM) can we please for the love of god not go to the concussion/CTE comments. Just please. The guy took a lot of physical damage for our entertainment. Just please be better than that.

Fug I didn’t even think about that. Good for you for nipping this in the bud.