• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers part with Suleiman

Mr. Scot

Just now, Davidson Deac II said:

I am curious as to why the guy brought in to manage cap space would be involved in a coaching search.  

They seemed to have been trying to expand his responsibilities.

I'm gonna guess it didn't go well.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Go look at the losers they signed last season and their dead cap because that is also going to hit soon.

IMO, the only really bad signing last year was Sanders.  And I am not sure they will cut him.  The bigger issue last year was injuries and bad draft picks not performing.  Well, that and trading away our best players on offense without having effective replacements.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I am curious as to why the guy brought in to manage cap space would be involved in a coaching search.  

Why would Nicole Tepper be involved in a coaching search?  Our beloved owner is clueless on how to run an NFL team.

• Pie 6

9 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

IMO, the only really bad signing last year was Sanders.  And I am not sure they will cut him.  The bigger issue last year was injuries and bad draft picks not performing.  Well, that and trading away our best players on offense without having effective replacements.

Thielen was the only good signing, Bell was OK and the rest were awful and should be gone soon. Even the deals they did with Bozeman was bad. Corbett is a 11.6 dead cap hit on his last year and he only played in 4 games this year. There is plenty of dead cap on the way and Suleiman was a big part of all of that. 

• Beer 3

18 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

We don't have much dead money on the books.  

Exactly what I was going to say. He was good at his core job. As for being involved with any of the rest of that stuff, that's on Tepper and Fitterer. 

It won't take long for Suleiman to get employment.

• Pie 2

Just now, top dawg said:

Exactly what I was going to say. He was good at his core job. As for being involved with any of the rest of that stuff, that's on Tepper and Fitterer. 

It won't take long for Suleiman to get employment.

so why fire him then?  He and morgan didnt get along?

24 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This feels a bit odd. 

I thought this guy was just a glorified accountant doing the paperwork for the GM. If they’re held accountable for the decisions I don’t understand why it’s a separate job.

• Pie 1