• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donnelly: Process used to hire Morgan was wrong

top dawg

Lots of food for thought, but what struck me the most is how Tim Donnelly said that Morgan is starting with strikes already against him. If things begin to go south relatively quickly, do you actually think that Tepper isn't going to be thinking that Morgan wasn't part of the problem and more of the same is incoming?

The second thing that struck me is that do you really think that Morgan is ultimately going to stand up to Tepper if he couldn't even stand up to Scott Fitterer?

On a positive note, he mentioned how Sportsology led to Lynch & Shannahan, and maybe they can pair a good coach up with our defensive ex-star.

• Pie 4

I don't like this move until I'm proven otherwise,  then I'll gladly eat crow. 

This hire didn't do anything to alleviate my feelings that tepper is the one controlling everyone and making the big decisions that continue to put this franchise in the toilet bowl.

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 5

14 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I don't like this move until I'm proven otherwise,  then I'll gladly eat crow. 

This hire didn't do anything to alleviate my feelings that tepper is the one controlling everyone and making the big decisions that continue to put this franchise in the toilet bowl.

He owns the team. Who else hires a GM? 

Morgan had his input on these FA signings, drafts, trades etc. maybe he signed off on them, maybe he didn’t. 

someone else said Morgan was the “lead talent evaluator” as well 

this was a very lackluster and disappointing hire. I want to be wrong on this. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

I really think Morgan was the only guy they could find that was all in on Bryce.

The idea that Dan wasn’t onboard with how this roster was constructed is laughable.

1) talent eval was his main job

2) Do we really think Fitt just ignored him on all these major decisions? If you think that, then Dan has zero communication and interpersonal skills and will be steamrolled by Tepper and the coaches.

• Beer 3

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Morgan had his input on these FA signings, drafts, trades etc. maybe he signed off on them, maybe he didn’t. 

someone else said Morgan was the “lead talent evaluator” as well 

this was a very lackluster and disappointing hire. I want to be wrong on this. 

Morgan was the biggest cheerleader of Tepper’s every move. Many people inside the building have told me. 

3 hours ago, csx said:

He owns the team. Who else hires a GM? 

Like forreal, additionally it doesn’t matter who he hires as GM the huddle was going to label them a yes man. 

The AGM standing up to the GM? Does it matter, the GM is gonna do what they “feel is best” anyways. That’s like the QB coach overruling the OC on play calls.. imagination land. 

Edited by Steelo

3 hours ago, Steelo said:

Like forreal, additionally it doesn’t matter who he hires as GM the huddle was going to label them a yes man. 

The AGM standing up to the GM? Does it matter, the GM is gonna do what they “feel is best” anyways. That’s like the QB coach overruling the OC on play calls.. imagination land. 

Hiring internally is what has the Huddle all uppity. External hire you could at least have hope and looking forward to FA, the draft, and contracts with a little bit of “new guy” optimism. 

Internal hire scares me a lot. Nothing has worked so far and we hired the person most adjacent to all of it. Just feels like a conventionally bad idea that you can’t defend if it doesn’t work out.

• Pie 2

Sportsology trying to hook up Ken Dorsey with a HC job?

The writing is on the wall. Dan Morgan & Ken Dorsey reunited for a 3rd time? Throw in Ed Reed for DC to hit the hat trick & reunite the 2000 Miami Hurricane leaders. They knew how to win & build a culture. 

It'll be fun!

Edited by CPantherKing
  • Pie 1

Food for thought, everyone here thought Scott Fitterer was a slam dunk hire when we made it, he was a early favorite, and universally celebrated as the right guy when we hired him and we all know now how that turned out.

Dan Morgan is getting almost the opposite reaction, I myself will take a "hope for the best, but wait and see" approach. a negative "hot take" to just continue to poo on the panthers is easy low hanging fruit.  

Edited by Doc Holiday
  • Pie 3