• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quite a dilemma the team is in....

Jmac

6 minutes ago, rayzor said:

we're learning that there's some situations that you can't pay enough to make people want to come in.

Yea....but do you want the money over everything else guy as a HC?

Some guys can't be bought.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

Just now, rayzor said:

we're learning that there's some situations that you can't pay enough to make people want to come in.

Irsay meddled with Reich and has quite a history of doing stupid poo. He hired a great coach last offseason. There are plenty of options and Canales has a decent resume. Teams are just chasing BJ and that Shanahan tree right now. 

Just now, top dawg said:

Snow, an enima ain't coming. Does that mean we'll continue to be fulla poo? 😆

As long as The Teppers are calling the shots, yes. 

Have a seat my friend and let's see how this drama ends. It appears it's going to be a long one.

Even BB took the Browns and then Jets (for a very short time) jobs first. Some of these guys haven't learned as much as they need to succeed so someone is taking it. 

It could still turn into an uglier mess but they will get someone. I still think they wait for their dream HC that is still in the post season race and end up with whatever they can get at the end. Eviro and a big old dud of an OC seem like the most likely outcome in the end IMO. I was hoping the fate would be know by now but it looks like a wait in store for us all. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

Imagine thirsting over a coach who is looking for the easiest/cushiest job. You all talk about wanting players who “have that dog in them”, well give me a coach with that dog in him who looks at our team and thinks “I’m the man who is gonna come in and fix that mess”.

• Pie 4

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Imagine thirsting over a coach who is looking for the easiest/cushiest job. You all talk about wanting players who “have that dog in them”, well give me a coach with that dog in him who looks at our team and thinks “I’m the man who is gonna come in and fix that mess”.

Plus the giant paycheck helps!

• Beer 1

In my 20s, in a time between the closing of the newspaper I was part owner of and the next job as an editor, I had to take a job carrying cinder blocks and mortar (mud) for a mason. I worked my ass off every danged day, got up at 5 am to be at the jobsite by 6, sweated myself silly and tore my hands, knees and back up for $7 an hour in the hot sun.

I needed the job. I had bills to pay.

If my desk sitting ass went out and got that job because I had to, some dude with a coaching history will take this one out of desperation or blind optimism.

Someone will take this job for a helluva lot more than I took then, make now or will probably ever make in my life, for just a year of their time.

1 hour ago, Ship said:

There is no greater glory than being the coach to turn a franchise around. People with confidence pursue challenges against their abilities. Yes, plenty of people would want that opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Kuhndog94 said:

3-13 in 2021. Sitting at 14-5 rn and playing in the NFCCG in a few days. 

Dan Campbell Celebration GIF by Detroit Lions

It might be undesirable, but there's nothing more glorious in football than turning a poo franchise around and winning the big one. The right guy can do it. Maybe a Lotta copium/hopium, but it's the only thing keeping me interested atm.

if you have an organization where the ownership backs everything you do and is giving you nothing but support and what you need to get the job done...fine. what we have, though, is an owner that has a deserved reputation of hovering and micromanaging and midseason. the biggest obstacle you'll have is the guy that hired you. 

No Way Reaction GIF by Ryn Dean

• Beer 1

I actually think this is a great position to be in if we're hoping to hiring an up-and-coming coach. A guy like Vrabel would never want this job, but someone like Canales could really make a quick name for himself here. He could go win six games next year and it would look like a huge improvement. That's literally tripling our wins from 2023. 

That gives a GM something to spin when trying to convince free agents to sign with us the following season. 

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

if you have an organization where the ownership backs everything you do and is giving you nothing but support and what you need to get the job done...fine. what we have, though, is an owner that has a deserved reputation of hovering and micromanaging and midseason. the biggest obstacle you'll have is the guy that hired you. 

No Way Reaction GIF by Ryn Dean

I mean you're right. 

That's why we get a guy like MCDC to bite Tepper's knee cap off