• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vrabel interviewing with carolina Thursday

jamos14

7 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Vrabel easily clears the bar of a good coach for me. Let’s not act like he’s had juggernaut rosters in Tennessee. You can make an argument no coach has done more with less over the past few years.

He's also exactly what we need from a cultural standpoint. He’s taken a ragtag group and won games on the road in the playoffs by playing smash mouth, disciplined football. Sound familiar?

Sure, there might be some truth to that but I only see 8-9, maybe 10 wins at best with him at the helm. Nothing exciting about another coach that was just let go. 

I guess what I am getting at is, this just appears like a lean into mediocrity just to get out of being pure poo like we are right now. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Haven't read through the thread, but am I the only one that honestly would prefer either Canales or Morris to Vrabel? 

I prefer Canales to both, I think Canales would be a fine head coach.

Number one, I want us to get an offensive mined HC, someone like Ben Johnson would be ideal.

Number two, I would like to get the OL improved to the point it can protect QB Bryce Young and open holes for what I hope will be and improved running game.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

To all the people wanting Morris or Vrabel - WHYYYYYYY do we want retreads? This is mind blowing to me. Let's at least follow the trends of what is working at the moment and bring in a successful OC from somewhere. 

16 of the last 23 Super Bowl winners were coached by a retread. I’d say the evidence shows it works just fine.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

What he say?

A couple days ago he gave his list of what coaches will go where, for us he’s been all over the place for a week or so. But that day he said he thinks it will be Canales based off of morgan and then said keep an eye out for Vrabel as well. 

Decent coach, wrong situation.

Put him on the Chargers and it probably works out, put him on the Panthers and it probably ends the same way as it did for him in Tennessee.

I also want nothing to do with Arthur Smith and it’s likely that he reunites with Vrabel.

Would prefer Canales out of the realistic options, assuming Johnson and Slowik aren’t realistic.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Knaakedup said:

To all the people wanting Morris or Vrabel - WHYYYYYYY do we want retreads? This is mind blowing to me. Let's at least follow the trends of what is working at the moment and bring in a successful OC from somewhere. 

To me, comparing Morris and Vrabel is unfair. Vrabel turned a bad team around and had four consecutive winning seasons, I don’t think Morris did that as a HC (at least that I can remember) 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I would really like this hire but in the same way I really liked the Reich hire last year and I just don’t know if Tepper will go the just fired HC route twice. I will say tho Vrabel is a much better candidate than Reich ever was. 

3 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

16 of the last 23 Super Bowl winners were coached by a retread. I’d say the evidence shows it works just fine.

Though out anything associated with Tom Brady and what is that number? Just do last 10 years when the league dramatically shifted to a pass first and what is that number? I have no idea id honestly be interested in what it looks like 

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Though out anything associated with Tom Brady and what is that number? Just do last 10 years when the league dramatically shifted to a pass first and what is that number? I have no idea id honestly be interested in what it looks like 

Year No. Winner Opposition Score Venue
2023 LVII Kansas City Chiefs Philadelphia Eagles 38-35 Arizona
2022 LVI Los Angeles Rams Cincinnati Bengals 23-20 Los Angeles
2021 LV Tampa Bay Buccaneers Kansas City Chiefs 31-9 Tampa
2020 LIV Kansas City Chiefs San Francisco 49ers 31-20 Miami
2019 LIII New England Patriots Los Angeles Rams 13-3 Atlanta
2018 LII Philadelphia Eagles New England Patriots 41-33 Minneapolis
2017 LI New England Patriots Atlanta Falcons 34-28 Houston
2016 L Denver Broncos Carolina Panthers 24-10 Santa Clara
2015 XLIX New England Patriots Seattle Seahawks 28-24 Phoenix
2014 XLVIII Seattle Seahawks Denver Broncos 43-8 New Jersey