• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

best in the league last year under pressure. that's baker mayfield...best in the league under pressure.

image.thumb.png.2d5dd0da98a2a6eaacd08f350e638f5c.png

okay you were able to isolate one specific thing about his season that he was better at than ever before. I'm sure it has nothing else to do with having two great jump ball receivers but hey, good on Canales. 

Overall (the better way to judge a player's year) his production was comparable to 2018 and 2020. Maybe the Panthers should be hiring Freddie Kitchens instead!

17 minutes ago, rayzor said:

best in the league last year under pressure. that's baker mayfield...best in the league under pressure.

image.thumb.png.2d5dd0da98a2a6eaacd08f350e638f5c.png

that's a bit of one. also he had one game at Lambeau field where he had a perfect rating. no big deal? he was the first ever to do that. baker mayfield...first ever to have a perfect game at Lambeau field.

the parts where he was at his scariest, he became more than competent. he became good. 

buy it or not. i don't care, but there's plenty for others to see where canales has helped immensely with both baker and geno. 

not excited? fine.

hate it? fine.

constipated? fine.

am i delusional? maybe, but that's fine as well.

If nothing else, it shows competency to put Baker in a position to succeed where he failed previously.

That's kind of a good thing.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Meh, I don't know poo about football in the end relative to many, but I just don't care about this hire.  Calling myself underwhelmed is itself an understatement

Based on what I've seen of him so far, I'd call myself cautiously optimistic.

That's the mindset I always aim for, but in some cases (like with that Baylor guy) It's much harder than others.

In this one, Canales is not the coach that I was hoping for, and I do have some questions about the process that led to his hire.

But I will at least say with him, he's qualified, intelligent, personable and a good communicator.

So I'll give him a shot.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Steelo said:

If you improve everything around him and BY is still the issue he’d get his chance with his own QB before getting canned. 

Thats why I said 2 years. 1 year to suck with Bryce and 1 year to suck with the next QB. 

2 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Meh, I don't know poo about football in the end relative to many, but I just don't care about this hire.  Calling myself underwhelmed is itself an understatement

Exactly where I'm at. Am completely neutral on the hire, which I guess is better than the strong confusion/aversion I felt with the Rhule and Reich hires. Could just be the apathy though.

Green Bay Packers Nfl GIF by Bleacher Report

• Pie 2