• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

29 minutes ago, Steelo said:

2 years with Bryce at the least before moving on.

No way.  If we get another season like last year we move on with a new young QB the following season.

Hell I don't think Bryce survives a full season of play like he showed this year. Yuck.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Exactly where I'm at. Am completely neutral on the hire, which I guess is better than the strong confusion/aversion I felt with the Rhule and Reich hires. Could just be the apathy though.

Green Bay Packers Nfl GIF by Bleacher Report

Rhule was exciting in how different he was from Rivera. Ugh.

Reich was.... Well, I was excited that he could put together a staff I guess.  My excitement was very low there.

I just... Don't care anymore. We didn't even finish our interviews again... I just hope this year's charmer is actually good.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 4

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Canales himself seems excited...

For whatever else you may feel about the hire, it's cool that he's embracing the fanbase.

I wasn't exactly bouncing off walls at the hire but honestly I do really appreciate the enthusiasm between this and what he liked the other day. Already much more in that department than Rhule and Reich ever did. The formerjust wanted to put his stamp and "process" (read: gut every last aspect of individuality out at Tepper's behest) on the team while the latter always seemed to just be here for a paycheck.

Not holding my breath considering Tepper has contempt for everything that came before him and he ultimately has final say but if he and Morgan can just get this feeling like the Panthers of old I'd be happy regardless of if we suck. Bring back the drum, the tough hard-nosed culture that defined this team and the focus on community and I might not feel so ashamed to call myself a fan as I have since Tepper bought it.

Like I said though, not holding my breath. The only thing that having expectations for this team leads to is disappointment.

Edited by beo
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Rhule was exciting in how different he was from Rivera. Ugh.

Reich was.... Well, I was excited that he could put together a staff I guess.  My excitement was very low there.

I just... Don't care anymore. We didn't even finish our interviews again... I just hope this year's charmer is actually good.

Yeah, things seem different on the surface but once you dig in a bit it's like... was the process really that different and do these results really seem outside of Tepper's tendencies? Sportsology is getting tossed around but who actually knows how much their input factored in on either of/both of the hires. it's just useless to speculate or expect any different until the roster decisions start rolling in and, thereafter, the actual football starts.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Really positive take   We could use a little positivity 

https://x.com/jamespalmertv/status/1750937745122271549?s=61&t=GQi76s6QPYbghkf3OPMywA

That's where we're setting the line now for really positive takes? Basic coaching 101 and not being a dumbass with scheme and personnel? I'll give you that it would be a nice step up from the last 2 guys if it happens, but my god is the bar low for this franchise.

• Pie 4

19 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

To be fair, that has to do more with Rachaad White than Canales. White is a great pass catching RB but not a great runner.

Tampa’s yards per attempt actually went up this year.

2022 - 3.4 yards per attempt

2023 - 3.6 yards per attempt

I seen were canales ran that same pass catching between the tackles over and over. That was one of the bigger issues he had. 32nd is 32nd, hope that doesnt carry over. I still feel no better, I did like that he was upset about being passed over TWICE for seahawks OC. 

With goodwin and evans commanding attention and a better OL(panther-wise), i dont see how he finished 32nd in rushing. If not for morgan, no other team scheduled him to be interviewed. Plus I seen were he wants his buddy with barely any pro exp as OC, maannnnn this isnt what I liked to hear either. 

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

No way.  If we get another season like last year we move on with a new young QB the following season.

Hell I don't think Bryce survives a full season of play like he showed this year. Yuck.

In a scheme that actually caters to his skillset you'll see an uptick and some better play.  Hence 2 seasons, if the next season its more of the same and no improvement, you move on.

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Steelo said:

In a scheme that actually caters to his skillset you'll see an uptick and some better play.  Hence 2 seasons, if the next season its more of the same and no improvement, you move on.

Oooh I thought you meant 2 more seasons.

He'll definitely get a chance this coming season, as he should, but he's gonna need to have a major uptick for us to really count on him I'd think.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, KSpan said:

That's where we're setting the line now for really positive takes? Basic coaching 101 and not being a dumbass with scheme and personnel? I'll give you that it would be a nice step up from the last 2 guys if it happens, but my god is the bar low for this franchise.

Ok well

if you want to spin or feeL negative, feel negative 

tepper’s tale of the tape does that

However, It’s amazing how many NFL coaches are dumbasses by that simple measurement …even knowing coaching 101 

5 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Ok well

if you want to spin or feeL negative, feel negative 

tepper’s tale of the tape does that

However, It’s amazing how many NFL coaches are dumbasses by that simple measurement …even knowing coaching 101 

I'm not even being negative really, more just amazed at how far the franchise has sunk to have this type of stuff be considered very positive. And I don't know about all NFL coaches but we have sure had a couple now that didn't seem to understand some obvious basics.

• Pie 1

On 1/25/2024 at 3:55 PM, FuFuLamePoo said:

The next time Verge makes a good point it will be the first time. Rhule got 2.5 years to figure it out. Where is the impatient label coming from?

Fair. Though I do think going through a different "franchise quarterback" that he forced every year and being on his sixth head coach since he took over (counting interim) sets off the alarm bells of an impatient person.