• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assistant Coach Chatter

Mr. Scot

21 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

I think it speaks volumes for how well Dave Canales was thought of in Tampa by seeing him be able to bring some of these solid veteran coaches with him. They must know that without Canales Todd Bowles will go back to being on the hot seat like he was before the start of last season. 

It is a decent amount of staff to let go (and have to replace) especially with them all concentrated on one side of the ball.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a sense from looking back at Canales and Idzik's respective backgrounds that their Panther offense might be more pass heavy than previous editions.

That's just a hunch, though.

On WFNZ, they had someone associated with Tampa…he said that he spoke to Mike Evans about Canales…and that Mike said that he has never run routes like that before. The one thing the guy said he could work on, and that Tampa fans would agree, is his run plays. Said often times they were up the middle, with not a lot of redirection. But, he knew he would get better, but the routes were phenomenal. 

So, I think you might be right there. 

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting a sense from looking back at Canales and Idzik's respective backgrounds that their Panther offense might be more pass heavy than previous editions.

That's just a hunch, though.

It’s a passing league now so I would hope so

43 minutes ago, 0kBoomer said:

It’s a passing league now so I would hope so

with Bryce Young you hope we run less than when compared to to Tampa that was at bottom third of league in rush attempts?

Sounds disastrous.

41 minutes ago, csx said:

with Bryce Young you hope we run less than when compared to to Tampa that was at bottom third of league in rush attempts?

Sounds disastrous.

I hope we are a good team. Listening to Canales philosophy it sounds like they will do whatever puts them in the best position to win and they aren’t going to be dead set on anything. 

But the rules as they are right now benefit passing the football. So yes I hope we use those rules to our advantage and not run just for the sake of balance. 

but if that sounds disastrous to you then idk what to tell you.

4 hours ago, csx said:

Sounds disastrous.

Tampas offense was middle of the road or worse in most statistical categories. I’m fine with the hire but i think expectations need to be tempered quite a bit for our new “offensive genius” HC 

• Pie 2

That’s one thing Bryce got visibly upset during the Chicago game that the game plan was playing not to lose. So I got a feeling that Bryce was restrained from what makes him great! Now you change the scheme wr route that are more creative with formations that not predictable we have a totally new offense that will succeed 

It was only a couple of weeks ago that The Athletic mentioned a possible pairing in Carolina of Evero and Johnson, who have the same agent. But now there’s a sense in NFL circles that Evero is more interested in pursuing defensive coordinator positions elsewhere than returning to the Panthers.

Edited by Mr. Scot