• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

J person, Athletic. Canales has one job Fix Young

So after spending a couple of hours calming down, I watched some of his film from last year in TB. It's very similar to what we seen from Reich and Brown. The OL will have to be overhauled or he will have to change his scheme. The pass game has a lot of deep route concepts (they ranked top 5 in yards per attempt). I'm not being dramatic but I really don't think Bryce Young has the arm to make many of these throws. 

Go back and take a look at some of TB's highlights this season, Bryce struggles to get the ball 25 yards downfield without it floating in mid air. I don't know how he is going to fit into this offense. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We have our 1st Rd pick in 2025.

If Bryce doesn't work next season we are likely moving on for another QB in 2025.

They will give Bryce every opportunity cuz there is no guarantees even with a QB in 25.  I don’t completely disagree though if he shows no progress 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean I dont know what works out means.  If we win 6 games do we make a move?   5 games?   IMO it would have to be an absolute disaster (3 games or less) for tepper to see bryce aint it

David Tepper probably knows Bryce isn't it. He just don't know what to do about it. The Canales hire really looks like the ol' management 101 "I'm going to give you resources to help you be successful" before throwing you out on your ass. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

So after spending a couple of hours calming down, I watched some of his film from last year in TB. It's very similar to what we seen from Reich and Brown. The OL will have to be overhauled or he will have to change his scheme. The pass game has a lot of deep route concepts (they ranked top 5 in yards per attempt). I'm not being dramatic but I really don't think Bryce Young has the arm to make many of these throws. 

Go back and take a look at some of TB's highlights this season, Bryce struggles to get the ball 25 yards downfield without it floating in mid air. I don't know how he is going to fit into this offense. 

Both TB games were winnable, if only the panthers offense was just bad.... Honestly evero owned him petty good. 

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

this hire says they are rolling with bryce for at least 2 more years

I think it says this hire is a place holder for the new coach coming in 2025. Canales, Morgan and Young's future depends on Young's performance next season. What odds are you giving them to get more than 2024?

• Flames 1

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Good thing they work for the same team (as of right now)

Be great if evero shared the weakness he exposed. I just looked at the scores 21-18 and 9-0, TB was fighting hard for playoff/nfc south crown both games as well. 

I do remember hearing andy reid explaining why he hired jim johnson back in philly. It was along the lines of " I hated playing against Jim and he always wore me out, no longer a big problem " Jim and andy became better coaches as a result. You figure out other coaches system when you practice against them day in day out. I hope evero stays and same thing happens here

Robert Saleh got his job based off the fact that be cracked shanahans system during practice, just to add..

19 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I mean I dont know what works out means.  If we win 6 games do we make a move?   5 games?   IMO it would have to be an absolute disaster (3 games or less) for tepper to see bryce aint it

Right now, works out should mean that Bryce has to fight for a starting job. This franchise needs to be about winning, not just proving that the biggest unicorn in draft history wasn't a colossal mistake. If Bryce can't beat out his competition in camp, legitimately, then he needs to be on the bench. I don't care if the ghost of Jake Delhomme's arm can beat out Bryce, that's who should be starting.  

• Pie 3

Just now, jayboogieman said:

Canales being hired to "fix" Young seems to be what every report and video about his hire has said so far. Guess all the reporters are sharing a brain.

Just speculation really.  Any hire was going to be tasked with getting something out of Young.  Wouldn't have mattered who it was.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2