• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official: Panthers hire Canales

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I didn't realize until I was reading an article in the post today that Canales is a Mexican American.  Ron probably feels a bit of kinship with Canales and that helped motivate the advice.

Thought Ron was Puert Rican...

1 minute ago, heel31ok said:

Thought Ron was Puert Rican...

Correct. I think the poster meant he is a fellow Latino. That is a cool aspect of this hire. Coach Canales seems to take that to heart and cherish his role as someone who can be a role model in that regard. 

Edited by Wolfcop

The things that give me optimism is Morgan and Canales have background together.   Both are fairly young and have a young QB to work with.  If they turn around Young, we have a GM and head coach that will be here for his entire career.  

We have a pretty good defense and given some points to defend we might win a couple because of a good defense. 

The more I hear Reich was not really onboard with Young and I think it affected the way he ran the team.   Tepper didn't like it and he gone before his 1st season.  So I am of the belief that Young will be given another shot.  

I don't think Campen, or our offensive line is as bad as we think.  It just blows my mind that 2022 our O-line was making holes, and we had a pretty decent running game.  2023 rolls around and our O-line looked like a mediocre college team.  I am betting it was the scheme and not the personnel.   

The best thing I like about Canales is "Innovative" keeps showing up in conversations about him.  I'm tired of seeing 6 plays run over and over again.  

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The best thing I like about Canales is "Innovative" keeps showing up in conversations about him.  I'm tired of seeing 6 plays run over and over again.  

but, but those six plays were really 12 because we flipped the routes and ran them the other way.  😂🤣

On a lighter (and maybe more humorous) note, my wife and I got in an argument about this but does anyone else think Canales looks a little bit like Pastor Steven Furtick from Elevation Church? I said they could almost be brothers but she said nah...

And no, I have not been drinking lol

17 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

On a lighter (and maybe more humorous) note, my wife and I got in an argument about this but does anyone else think Canales looks a little bit like Pastor Steven Furtick from Elevation Church? I said they could almost be brothers but she said nah...

And no, I have not been drinking lol

Similarities may not just be limited to looks

From Joe Person:

"Dave’s a little bit younger than all these guys. But Dave (has) energy and all of the above,” Dickson said. “If we were looking for a look on defense, he’s out there. Got his cleats on, got his gloves, he’s backpedaling. Dave’s really in shape and Dave has a background in dancing. He’s got salsa going on. He’s a jack of all trades.”

Wait, salsa dancing?

“Dave probably could have been in Hollywood dancing or singing or something like that,” Dickson added. “That’s the type of talent he has. But he’s a football coach.”