• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Wilks owning Dan Campbell yet again.

18 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

About Campbell--he took a team that has never sniffed the super bowl in 57 years and had them on the doorstep.  Wilkes gave up 24 points in the first half at home to an underdog.

Campbell beat himself--live by the sword, die by the sword.  Wilkes was not holding the sword.  Dropped passes, a key fumble, not kicking 2 FGs--Detroil beat themselves.  Full stop.

And per his own words, he doesn't plan to change his approach.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Somebody needs to ask him why he kicked the FG from the two yard line at the end of the first half. That is completely out of character for him. In my opinion, the game was lost on that decision. 

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I try to never make blanket statements when there are so many variables to consider.  I admire the position that builds confidence in your players and optimism for the expected results, but the approach is based on the situation, not some code or creed. Even the best generals knew when to charge and when to retreat.  While I admire the guts, I do not admire the leadership in this case.  I still give Campbell a ton of credit for his success.

Steve Wilks has done ok with the 49ers not great he was almost fired the beginning of the year.  in the lions game the lions moved the ball at will except for when they started fumbling dropping passes .  On sports radio this morning they specifically talked about wilkes and how his defensive scheme was the weakest part of the 49ers and would cost them the superbowl. 

• Pie 2

46 minutes ago, fanpanther said:

Steve Wilks has done ok with the 49ers not great he was almost fired the beginning of the year.  in the lions game the lions moved the ball at will except for when they started fumbling dropping passes .  On sports radio this morning they specifically talked about wilkes and how his defensive scheme was the weakest part of the 49ers and would cost them the superbowl. 

Team in the SB and he still hasn't done enough.

I think I have to accept the fact some people just don't think this dude is a good coach. Kick him out the league he's terrible. 49ers should be looking for a new DC in the off-season because Wilks is flat out atrocious!

Man it's hard to discuss football when people just don't know it. Guy beats Campbell twice and he still can't get any credit.

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Wilks read my topic!

I appreciate you coach. I wanted you to lead us out of this poo hole. I knew that was never going to happen under Tepper. He knew you had the respect of the team, he knew you had a bigger voice. Now look at you Coach Wilks playing in the SB. Hope you can pull off the upset. It doesn't get any better than beating Mahomes. 

Thanks Coach Wilks you really made me a fan when you took over this team when it was damn near dead. Never did I ever think we would have a chance to make the playoffs. You didn't get us there but dammit you gave us a chance! Wishing you success in your future opportunities as a HC.

Forever grateful Whoaa!

On 1/28/2024 at 10:12 PM, Shocker said:

You have to be the most reactionary poster that has ever posted here.  First half the Lions were completely dominating and now Wilks owned him.  LOL

Did Belichick not own Dan Quinn in the Super Bowl?  

By Huddle’s logic, he didn’t because New England had a terrible first half.

4 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Meh. I'm happy he's not our coach.  Patty Mahomes going for 30 on him just like the Lions did. 

There is only 2 DC's left standing. Wilks is the other one.

Weird you rooting against him. But keep hating. When he wins what will be your excuse then?

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

There is only 2 DC's left standing. Wilks is the other one.

Weird you rooting against him. But keep hating. When he wins what will be your excuse then?

I'm not rooting against him. I just don't think he's great like you're making him out to be.