• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TMJ and Chark were terrible.

0kBoomer

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

I can’t see them letting Allen go. Now Mike Williams or Josh Palmer could be up for grabs. 

I believe I saw somewhere that both Allen and Williams each cost about $30 mill in cap, and Chargers have a top 5 pick and 3 top 10 worthy WRs available. Just makes sense for Chargers cap-wise, but maybe just wishful thinking on my part to get Allen or a top WR this offseason. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Let them both go. Adam T as well, he already mentioned not wanting to be part of a rebuild ( it sure why he ever signed with us in the first place if that was his mindset) but we don’t need that attitude on the team. 

I didn't catch Thielen actually saying that he didn't want to be part of a rebuild; I know that he said that he thought that we'd be a championship contender

Here is what he said after the last game:

“I committed to bein’ here for two years. When we kinda negotiated the contract, I was sayin’ I wanna be here, I wanna be a part of something special, buildin’ somethin’ special. So I wanna uphold that commitment and I’m excited to see what that looks like.”

• Pie 1

Chark was starting to get hot late in the season. Thielen was the go-to target for most of the year, but it was clear that Chark became Bryce's go-to target by the end of the season and Thielen tapered off. I wouldn't mind keeping him around on a cheap deal. He should take it considering he had a disappointing year overall.

5 hours ago, 0kBoomer said:

IMG_0996.thumb.jpeg.6c3c326b7897b2913a0d40b89aa49602.jpeg

Is there any hope for TMJ? It has to feel like a lost cause at this point right?

Our receivers would improve significantly if paired with a competent QB who can deliver the ball on time and make accurate throws longer than 20 yards. As of right now, it's hard to judge how much of this putrid ranking is due to Bryce and how much is due to the receivers themselves. I suspect it's mostly on Bryce, because our play calling was likely limited by his abilities, so that our receivers aren't being schemed open as often as other teams.

I also suspect our receivers became discouraged and stopped trying as hard to get open because they knew Bryce was hopelessly out of his depth. According to PFF, our receivers were actually close to NFL average in getting separation during the 1st half of the season, but Bryce simply failed to get them the ball. After Reich's firing, the performance of our receivers nosedived, which tells me that this was a morale problem due to poor QB play and organizational turmoil. I don't blame the receivers, because why bust your ass running routes when your QB simply isn't capable of making the necessary throws and making them on time?

558128827_AlookattheaverageseparationaQBsreceiversgenerateandhowoftenQBsthrowtoanopenman(scramblesexcluded)ALLROUTESNOTJUSTTARGETSF-f4SYtbMAAz8Lj.thumb.jpeg.dbfb171011ebbce93264ff473e9ce5b7.jpeg

474590898_ExcludingscrambleshowmuchseparationaQBsreceiversgenerateandhowoftenQBsthrowtoopenwindowsGC9tg32WIAAcxZ5.thumb.jpeg.5753b316e02a6242295e8c4a472e3059.jpeg

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Dingo_ate_Babies said:

Chark was starting to get hot late in the season. Thielen was the go-to target for most of the year, but it was clear that Chark became Bryce's go-to target by the end of the season and Thielen tapered off. I wouldn't mind keeping him around on a cheap deal. He should take it considering he had a disappointing year overall.

Chark sucked. The few plays he made stand out, when he dropped everything else that came his way.

Edited by Jmac

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

28 seasons, 3 good WR draft picks.

Brandon LaFell was solid. He was one of the few Panthers that was still a solid player for another team after he left us. Most of the time after the Panthers move on from a player specifcally a WR they are usually never heard from again. LaFell might not have been a #1 but I think he was still a solid player for us

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, GhostOfDocAnderson said:

Our receivers would improve significantly if paired with a competent QB who can deliver the ball on time and make accurate throws longer than 20 yards. As of right now, it's hard to judge how much of this putrid ranking is due to Bryce and how much is due to the receivers themselves. I suspect it's mostly on Bryce, because our play calling was likely limited by his abilities, so that our receivers aren't being schemed open as often as other teams.

I also suspect our receivers became discouraged and stopped trying as hard to get open because they knew Bryce was hopelessly out of his depth. According to PFF, our receivers were actually close to NFL average in getting separation during the 1st half of the season, but Bryce simply failed to get them the ball. After Reich's firing, the performance of our receivers nosedived, which tells me that this was a morale problem due to poor QB play and organizational turmoil. I don't blame the receivers, because why bust your ass running routes when your QB simply isn't capable of making the necessary throws and making them on time?

558128827_AlookattheaverageseparationaQBsreceiversgenerateandhowoftenQBsthrowtoanopenman(scramblesexcluded)ALLROUTESNOTJUSTTARGETSF-f4SYtbMAAz8Lj.thumb.jpeg.dbfb171011ebbce93264ff473e9ce5b7.jpeg

474590898_ExcludingscrambleshowmuchseparationaQBsreceiversgenerateandhowoftenQBsthrowtoopenwindowsGC9tg32WIAAcxZ5.thumb.jpeg.5753b316e02a6242295e8c4a472e3059.jpeg

I mean you can clearly watch the film and see that in 1 out of 3 drop backs Young didn't have anywhere to go with the football in multiple games and multiple times this season. You pair the WR struggles with the Oline struggles on top of having an undersized nonathletic QB under center and it's quite easy to see what the problem was. Nothing fit together and every unit underperformed. Throw all of that in with a bland archaic offensive philosophy with no real direction and you have one of the worst offenses ever assembled in NFL History. Young wasn't good but he was far from being the only reason why this offense was so poo.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

I still think the Bengals are a trade partner for TMJ, pair him back up with Burrow and Chase, might be the best way to get something out of him.

Plus they are going to lose Higgins this offseason, so it makes sense that they might want to see if those two can rejuvenate his career.

Burns + TMJ for Higgins and a 3rd would work for me

• Pie 1

Thielen is Ricky Proehl, DJ Chark is a faster Keary Colbert and TMJ isn't even worth assigning. Only one is worth keeping and only if they are going to put in the effort and not slack off until they get the trade they want.