• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Introductory Press Conference

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

I’ve gotten the sense the past few years that Burns is a bit of a cancer. He’s not leading in the right direction.

I think he just wants to get paid and ride off into the sunset. When he gets that big money he will shut it down even more than he did this past season. Which now that I think of it may be a neoplastic process.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Yep, saw one mock where we traded back at 33 for 2nd round picks and thought that was great too. If there is a giant batch of WR's available (which almost every mock shows in R2) gamble and try and get two of them. Or get OL and WR.

I just want good WRs. I don't care how we get them. If we can trade down and not screw it up, great.

21 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Another thing not really mentioned is they pretty much made it clear that Evero is staying, they all but said it.

I think that is Tepper big picture which makes me not really excited about it.   Rumors, if you believe them, say he likely would prefer to go elsewhere.  I mean, he is a decent DC.  I don't see why a new HC should be saddled with dudes that have been here.  And there are a lot of people from the old mess still going to be around.  It really does smell like Tepper just thinks he largely just needed new people calling his offense and little else.   I think that is flawed logic coming off this mess we have become. 

I also think Ejiro likely is being overrated at this stage.  He was the respectable beacon in a sea of slop.   But his D made fewer big plays than any D in the NFL in reality.   And the O sucking doesn't excuse that entirely.  We were dead last in turnovers.  And that's what you want at this stage in the NFL. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think that is Tepper big picture which makes me not really excited about it.   Rumors, if you believe them, say he likely would prefer to go elsewhere.  I mean, he is a decent DC.  I don't see why a new HC should be saddled with dudes that have been here.  And there are a lot of people from the old mess still going to be around. 

I also think Ejiro likely is being overrated at this stage.  He was the respectable beacon in a sea of slop.   But his D made fewer big plays than any D in the NFL in reality.   And the O sucking doesn't excuse that entirely.  We were dead last in turnovers.  And that's what you want at this stage in the NFL. 

He's a proven commodity. He has coordinated top 5 defenses with two different franchises now. There is no way to replace him with anyone equal or better than him at this stage of the coaching carousel. EE knows how to coach up a great D. Let him do his thing another year here and let Canales focus on fixing the offense.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think that is Tepper big picture which makes me not really excited about it.   Rumors, if you believe them, say he likely would prefer to go elsewhere.  I mean, he is a decent DC.  I don't see why a new HC should be saddled with dudes that have been here.  And there are a lot of people from the old mess still going to be around. 

The turnovers are a glaring point for sure.  But look at this actual defensive roster.

Dude had nobody at MLB all year long after losing Shaq.    Was playing 3rd and 4th strings at DB.   Burns a complete quitter.  

With Horn back and a healthy Shaq, I expect them to take another step forward even though the PPG rank may drop.

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well to the defense's credit, they were on the field forever. Our D wasn't a big issue last season. It wasn't perfect or sexy, and we didn't have playmakers doing much, but it wasn't necessarily bad by any stretch.

I like our defensive scheme a lot. Just need players man. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Panthera onca said:

He's a proven commodity. He has coordinated top 5 defenses with two different franchises now. There is no way to replace him with anyone equal or better than him at this stage of the coaching carousel. EE knows how to coach up a great D. Let him do his thing another year here and let Canales focus on fixing the offense.

well, that's an example of why I think he is being overrated around here.   Because in reality, we were nowhere close to a top 5 defense last year. 

32nd in takeaways

29th in points allowed

middle of the road on 3rd down %

that yardage stat isn't telling a complete story. 

We need a new culture.  And we are forcing are new HC.....to inherit a lot of the old.   I still think a clean slate is the best way to change the culture. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think that is Tepper big picture which makes me not really excited about it.   Rumors, if you believe them, say he likely would prefer to go elsewhere.  I mean, he is a decent DC.  I don't see why a new HC should be saddled with dudes that have been here.  And there are a lot of people from the old mess still going to be around.  It really does smell like Tepper just thinks he largely just needed new people calling his offense and little else.   I think that is flawed logic coming off this mess we have become. 

Canales emphasized turnovers in the press conference. If Evero is here I would think that's a big item they work on this year.

• Pie 1

Good, strong press conference. They both came across as very passionate, clear on what they need to and want to do. Dan went on (in a good way) about how we need a different mind set, different players etc. He more or less said we suck and we are soft right now. It was very refreshing that he called that out.

• Pie 8

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Good, strong press conference. They both came across as very passionate, clear on what they need to and want to do. Dan went on (in a good way) about how we need a different mind set, different players etc. He more or less said we suck and we are soft right now. It was very refreshing that he called that out.

I'm glad he did. Quite a few of us have been saying the same thing for a few years now.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 4

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

Evero has twice now fielded competitive, respectable units on garbage poo tier teams. In Denver he did it despite the unit being gutted halfway through the year. 

The Panthers didn’t make a lot of “big plays” because opposing offenses didn’t need to do anything to outscore the panthers. I don’t know what you expect the defense to do if the other team starts running out the clock start the second half. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I have said it for a long time but we have become a franchise of nice guys and check cashers.   I do think Morgan gets that.   

I mean, name one person on the offense with attitude? Zero. 

How many on the defense have it? Derrick Brown.  A little.  That's 1 person on the entire team. 

Frankie Luvu slander

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2