• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers fire Director of Analytics(or just AI created wishful thinking)

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

This smells like a scapegoat to me. Although definitely well deserved if this guy was truly calling the shots. 

If all that is true,  which seems like speculation to me, but if its true it tells me that the org knows that bryce at aint.  Maybe we do move on in a year.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If all that is true,  which seems like speculation to me, but if its true it tells me that the org knows that bryce at aint.  Maybe we do move on in a year.

I think everyone can see that at this point. They will have to move on if there's no improvement from him. It will all depend on Teppers involvement, or lack thereof.  If it's left up to the coach and GM to decide? I would say it's certain they will if Young doesn't show something, whether he gets enough help or not.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Is that article just deep sarcasm? Haha.

That's what I was thinking as I read it. How can anyone look at the Panthers drafts and overall record and say that the analytics was responsible the success? SUCCESS?

lucious lyon wtf GIF

• Pie 5

29 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

The huddle was making comparisons to Drew Brees, but this guy does it and he is a genius!

Genius is not what I was thinking, while reading that article. 

Sounds like he was allowed to write his own obituary.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Whatever happened to good old fashioned common sense, I wonder?

excited happy redneck GIF by Redneck Island

Yeah I’m always open to new approaches but holy poo. This seems like a whole lot of trouble vs the eye test. I hope we keep trying new things but why are we going all in on it? 

I feel like analytics makes more sense about what positions to prioritize, how to spend cap, maybe how to harness a Super Bowl window. 

I can’t see how analytics can help that much with talent eval. The data sets aren’t large enough and football is pure chaos. 

This is all so silly lol. 

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This smells like a scapegoat to me. Although definitely well deserved if this guy was truly calling the shots. 

This guy was Qyburn.

edit: And learning about him, and his firing, is the first Panthers news that has made me really smile since Tepper took over.

Edited by strato

59 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Its funny that it lists all the reasons why he was fired as evidence of why he was supposedly great at his job.

It reads like sarcasm/parody. Dunno who this site is and don't care to click to find out though

• Pie 1