• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl - Gameday Thread

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Purdy had a great game.  

If you are using Mahomes as a comparison, then every other QB in the NFL is a game manager.  

Thats basically what cam said.  Game changers are like 4-5 players, he listed Mahomes, Jackson, Burrow, Allen and Rodgers.  The rest are varying degrees of game managers, knowing how to get the ball in the hands of the playmakers.

I would be absolutely sick to my stomach if it was the Panthers losing like that. Wow. 

I don't hate the Cheifs or anything, I just wanted to see someone else win lol. 

Don't we play them next year? yeesh

The crazy thing is I don't know if ANYONE knew who Patrick Mahomes was before he was drafted outside of Texas Tech fans. One day I would really like to hear/see the in depth story of how Mahomes was scouted on and ultimately picked by the Cheifs.

You're the HC & in OT. You win the coin toss against a proven SB HC.

You choose to take the ball first. Means you need to score a TD & play safe defense or score a FG & play aggressive defense.

You defer & can play standard defense knowing you will coach to win on offense & have a possible out if you come up short.

Shanahan lost this SB when the heat was turned up. He wasn't prepared for a playoff OT coin toss decision. Called it like a regular season game.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

Wilks went to his old ways, in fact Shanahan called a timeout to get Wilks to get their D outta cover zero/zone cloud when KC had the ball in OT.

49ers offense was bad the entire game.

Expecting Wilks to save them the entire game + overtime was asking for trouble.

Purdy is a game manager.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Purdy threw for what? Like 17 yards for nearly half the game when the Niners forgot they could run the ball? They tried to lean on him and in the process they let the Chiefs back in the game.

He's playing a tough D. 

Didn't Mahomes have a similar drought in the middle of this game?

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Purdy had a great game.  

If you are using Mahomes as a comparison, then every other QB in the NFL is a game manager.  

Purdy was okay, a bit better than I expected as I figured KC's D would force some really bad decisions/throws. Purdy was not asked to do much at all and had some missed throws but no turnovers and overall solid. He did impress me honestly, but he didn't do anything today to shed the game manager label. 

Just now, emhoward said:

He's playing a tough D. 

Didn't Mahomes have a similar drought in the middle of this game?

It's not Purdy's fault. It's on Shanahan. Shanahan forgot what got him here when he got up 10-0 and thought he could be cute. Purdy is what he is. Shanahan forgot.

• Pie 1