• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

UP NEXT NFL COMBINE

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

he's kind of all over the place as far as projections. big and athletic is the draw. people love the idea of a WR like that. he could do alright, but he could also be a headache. 

you draft a WR here and you're going to want him to be a super reliable target. big game target would be nice, but i'd rather have big time reliable. 

I think the fact he came in a decent bit smaller than expected as a receiver that was always making contested in college (aka not creating seperation) to me means his game just isnt going to translate in the NFL.  To me everything about him reminds me of Mingo last year except I dont think he will test quite as fast even though neither look fast on tape.

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Yeah, I think this guy is going to be a STUD.  Had he had a full season with UNC his stock would have been much higher. 

He was very bad at the Senior Bowl, though. He seems like a Rhule guy. High potential, crazy low floor.

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I want to make the #33 pick even more complicated than this....

After round 1, lotta teams try to trade up and the phones will ring between day 1 and day 2.  Since we have mulitple needs, I would not be too surprised to see us trade down to about #40 and add a third rounder.  Heard it here first!   The WR group is really good, and if a no brainer first rounder does not drop to #33, I would consider a trade back--not too far---8-10 spots.

Lol, I've been mocking that way.  We aren't taking a QB (sadly) and there will be 1 or 2 premier guy(s) remaining.  Somebody will want to jump up for McCarthy and possibly either Nix or Penix (whomever is left).  Move back to the low 40's (thinking Giants, Vikings, or Raiders assuming they don't go QB in round 1).

The elite WRs will be gone and there is a glut of second tier guys in the second round.  We will still get a good WR 10 spots or so later.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Have a feeling we going inside LB in 3rd round.  There's gona be a lot of talent around that spot.  

It depends what mock site you use, but I think you are right.  I grab one.  We have Thompson returning (I think) and Luvu--and I would like to see what they do with Chinn--but yeah, we could use one.

On 2/12/2024 at 2:16 PM, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Dan Morgan's only interview question to draft prospects:  "On a scale of 1 to 10, how much of a Dawg are you?" 

That's what's going to be different from last year lol 

The candidate walks into the room and there is Morgan sitting at a table.   Across from him is a chair.  On the table in front of the chair, is a stainless steel bowl filled with Pedigree dog food.  There is a bowl of water beside it.  Morgan says, "have a seat.  I don't have any questions at this time."

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

The candidate walks into the room and there is Morgan sitting at a table.   Across from him is a chair.  On the table in front of the chair, is a stainless steel bowl filled with Pedigree dog food.  There is a bowl of water beside it.  Morgan says, "have a seat.  I don't have any questions at this time."

This replaces the dinner with the Teppers?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

On 2/12/2024 at 11:41 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

So now that the Super Bowl is over.  The NFL Combine is next.  Who do you want to see perform at the combine?

A lot of players move up or down at the Combine.

Cam Hart

Nehemiah Pritchett

Sendrick Van Pran

Roman Wilson

Cade Stover

Adonai Mitchell

Will Shipley 

Jaylen Wright

Blake Fisher

DJ James

Tommy Eichenberg

Jonah Ellis

Darius Robinson

On 2/14/2024 at 3:46 AM, jfra78 said:

Have a feeling we going inside LB in 3rd round.  There's gona be a lot of talent around that spot.  

#33 - trade back and draft a WR (Worthy, Legette, Mitchell) ; acquire additional picks. 

3rd - Cedric Gray or Jeremiah Trotter. Gray may already be gone. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, ECHornet said:

#33 - trade back and draft a WR (Worthy, Legette, Mitchell) ; acquire additional picks. 

I've been targeting those two in the third and coming back around 2-3 rounds later and picking up Tommie Eichenberg. Hopefully through trading back we can add a couple picks to make this more feasible. Adding that to Luvu and Shaq (if he's still here) would be fun to watch.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, ECHornet said:

This is my exact thinking. McConkey, Mitchell, Franklin, or Worthy. Someone has to fall a bit.  We need assets. Only way I wouldn’t trade down is maybe if Brian Thomas Jr or Keon Coleman slips to 33. Legette doesn’t excite me, 5th year big bodied WR. I want someone with shiftiness.  But yes all for a trade down and LB in 3rd. It could be Shaq’s last year, maybe YGM and Haynes are both gone. Perhaps even Burns in a Tag and trade. LB is big question mark.

• Beer 1