• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson

t96

Getting out ahead of it early because you know this will come up eventually. He'll be cut by the Broncos this offseason and Canales coached him directly for 4 years (and was WRs coach before that since before Wilson got drafted), so there are significant ties to him. Dalton is under contract but can easily be cut.

Would you consider signing Russ? Yay or nay?

Personally not a fan but I could see us considering him because of Canales' ties to him. Would probably come cheap and could actually push Bryce more than Dalton at this point. But I wouldn't really want him in the locker room and his play on the field with the Broncos has been uninspiring to say the least.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

Getting out ahead of it early because you know this will come up eventually. He'll be cut by the Broncos this offseason and Canales coached him directly for 4 years (and was WRs coach before that since before Wilson got drafted), so there are significant ties to him. Dalton is under contract but can easily be cut.

Would you consider signing Russ? Yay or nay?

Personally not a fan but I could see us considering him because of Canales' ties to him. Would probably come cheap and could actually push Bryce more than Dalton at this point. But I wouldn't really want him in the locker room and his play on the field with the Broncos has been uninspiring to say the least.

I actually read that Russ would likely be had relatively cheap compared to most FA QB's because he would have so much guaranteed by Denver anyway....but I still don't know if he moves the needle much more than what we have

Yeah, what a great idea. After cratering our draft capital on a trade up to botch drafting a QB, let's crater our cap space on an idiotic signing of a past his prime vet living off of name recognition and past performance. 

Wait... this seems pretty damn on brand for Tepper's football organization. Now I'm kinda worried.

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, what a great idea. After cratering our draft capital on a trade up to botch drafting a QB, let's crater our cap space on an idiotic signing of a past his prime vet living off of name recognition and past performance. 

Wait... this seems pretty damn on brand for Tepper's football organization. Now I'm kinda worried.

Russ won't be cratering anyone's cap space or getting any term on his next deal, lol.