• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce’s Offseason Plans?

Turtle

1 hour ago, jeffashe135 said:

That he does... Still, you would think Bryce could at least be a bit more urgent with his drop backs and set his feet properly (left foot forward, right foot back) instead of doing that nonchalant backpedal where his hips are parallel to the line of scrimmage. I don't know how he keeps time with that nonsense footwork. Oh wait, he doesn't, which explains why his timing is all over the place. It must be infuriating for our receivers to put up with Bryce. 

While his horribly slow drop back definitely throws off timing, let’s not act like the receivers weren’t equally as bad. I’m sure they were damn frustrating to work with.

We’re so devoid of overall talent that we had to have a hero pick for QB. A DUDE that makes average talent look great.  Covers deficiencies. Let us spend resources developing other areas of the team because 2nd and 3rd round WRs look like studs with him throwing to them. 

The resources that will be needed to make Bryce look like someone who belongs in the NFL all but guarantee we will never have a complete team. An all defense draft to put us over the top will never be feasible. 

The only potentially changeable thing I see that could help is him developing arm strength…. If he wants to. If he comes to camp with some shoulders, then we’ll see. 

54 minutes ago, thebdawg said:

While his horribly slow drop back definitely throws off timing, let’s not act like the receivers weren’t equally as bad. I’m sure they were damn frustrating to work with.

I'm not entirely certain our receivers are as bad as they are commonly portrayed. I mean, how do you properly evaluate our receivers when the QB is so bad that he couldn't even get the timing correctly because he couldn't do simple drop backs that any decent high school QB can do in his sleep?

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

He needs to be in passionate love with football for what we gave up for him and all the expectations. Screw all that. 

His personal expectations shouldn't be putting extra pressure on himself because the fans want him to play up to a trade the team chose to make

(of course I want him to live up to the hype but from his personal POV..i don't want him over doing it because of something he couldn't help)

10 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Nothing backs this statement up. You can say eye test, but every stat, analysis, chart and professional opinion I've seen says he's one of the most accurate passers in the league. I didn't watch every game, but the games I did see, your statement about hitting a barn sounds like hyperbole. Maybe you need glasses?

Well I watched every game and every throw and I think he hit one or two passes that travelled in the air over 15 yards all season.  I’ve seen ONE highly suspect chart that claims he’s accurate with caveats. Ask anyone who actually watched the games. His accuracy is terrible, his placement is terrible. Sure he can make some throws some of the time, some of his throws 5-10 yards looked nice, but even a good portion of those the receiver has to unnecessarily stretch or reach back for. One of the very few passes thatbi recall that did complete for 15 or 20+, the WR had to stop, cut in and completely alter his route to get to the terrible pass. But it was a completion so it counts for Bryce even though it was a terrible pass. The number of throws where a receiver was running free wide open and he just sailed it over their head or way to one side or the other far outnumber the “nice” passes

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Gapanthersfan said:

We’re so devoid of overall talent that we had to have a hero pick for QB. A DUDE that makes average talent look great.  Covers deficiencies. Let us spend resources developing other areas of the team because 2nd and 3rd round WRs look like studs with him throwing to them. 

The resources that will be needed to make Bryce look like someone who belongs in the NFL all but guarantee we will never have a complete team. An all defense draft to put us over the top will never be feasible. 

The only potentially changeable thing I see that could help is him developing arm strength…. If he wants to. If he comes to camp with some shoulders, then we’ll see. 

The qb you are describing is sadly cj stroud

• Pie 2

14 hours ago, fanpanther said:

The qb you are describing is sadly cj stroud

I was hoping people would read between the lines. 

Stroud was a 1000% thoroughbred stud and Young was a pony, but he did well on a video game test and came from a good, stable, 2 parent household. 

Stroud being able to do Stroud things will allow the Texans to shift resources to building a nasty, opportunistic defense to give him short fields. 

Young will require a bevy of resources to make his style of play workable, making the defense suffer with mid round talent. First and second round picks for the next 2 drafts will likely have to go offense. This coming draft has to be almost exclusively offense. 

Regarding free agency… who in their right mind wants to come to this barn fire and play on our sh*t turf risking a career ending injury? 

I mean, we’ll see but Young over CJ is to date, the most devastating miss in our history. 

15 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Well I watched every game and every throw and I think he hit one or two passes that travelled in the air over 15 yards all season.  I’ve seen ONE highly suspect chart that claims he’s accurate with caveats. Ask anyone who actually watched the games. His accuracy is terrible, his placement is terrible. Sure he can make some throws some of the time, some of his throws 5-10 yards looked nice, but even a good portion of those the receiver has to unnecessarily stretch or reach back for. One of the very few passes thatbi recall that did complete for 15 or 20+, the WR had to stop, cut in and completely alter his route to get to the terrible pass. But it was a completion so it counts for Bryce even though it was a terrible pass. The number of throws where a receiver was running free wide open and he just sailed it over their head or way to one side or the other far outnumber the “nice” passes

Ditto this. 

I think that after the first Atl game, he realized that he just does not have an NFL arm. It’s like he never saw it coming. He’s been so propped up with 5* talent his whole career and anything he did worked.

They talk about the speed of the NFL being hard to adjust to. He saw plain as day on game one that his arm will not work in this league. Focusing on a strong running game to open up the field would have really helped, but Dave would never ok that style of play.

From that point forward, his only chance of not demolishing the pick 6 record was to throw nothing but check downs. 

If he can some way some how beef up and develop even a mid tier NFL arm, his shortness can be mitigated somewhat. Right now he is what every honest person sees. A small and short guy who can’t throw. If he doesn’t get an arm, he’s wasting everyone’s time and costing the rest of the team their careers. I hope he loves football enough to make this happen, but I’m seriously skeptical. 

Bad QB makes you look bad and second contract does not reflect your true ability. Then you get injured on the crap field because you’re trying too hard to make yourself look good. 

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, thebdawg said:

Heard he’s been blasting a ton of test and Anavar, living in the weight room. Looks about like Kyler Murray now.

Bryce needs test/tren. He’ll probably want to play it safe so I’ll make peace with test/primo. This little runt does not need to be wasting valuable weeks taking anavar

But in all seriousness, he really does need to gain 10-15lbs if he wants to have any shot at being a real QB in this league and from the 3 clips I’ve seen of him this offseason, he looks smaller than he did during the season

On 2/22/2024 at 10:00 AM, Gapanthersfan said:

I was hoping people would read between the lines. 

Stroud was a 1000% thoroughbred stud and Young was a pony, but he did well on a video game test and came from a good, stable, 2 parent household. 

Stroud being able to do Stroud things will allow the Texans to shift resources to building a nasty, opportunistic defense to give him short fields. 

Young will require a bevy of resources to make his style of play workable, making the defense suffer with mid round talent. First and second round picks for the next 2 drafts will likely have to go offense. This coming draft has to be almost exclusively offense. 

Regarding free agency… who in their right mind wants to come to this barn fire and play on our sh*t turf risking a career ending injury? 

I mean, we’ll see but Young over CJ is to date, the most devastating miss in our history. 

Have you watched Tepper and any of the decisions he's made?

If Young isn't a pro-bowl type player this year, he will be gone next off-season. Tepper has shown no patience at all and won't give him a third year.

It's too early to say whether that would be the right or wrong move, but I think it's pretty safe to say Young playing just OK next year will not be enough to save his job.

So we will not be making picks in 2025 to cover up Young's weaknesses. He will either be a guy we consider to be a SB caliber QB or he will be gone. More likely the latter but who knows?

Also re: Stroud. He was my third choice and I'm sticking to that even now. First choice was staying at 9 and actually developing a team before dropping a QB in. Second choice was Richardson who I still think will have a more successful career than Stroud. But those 3 choices are all relatively close and all 3 are a mile ahead of what we got.