• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The CAP is now $255.4 MILLION….. now pay Burns, Brown, Luvu and let’s get this ship righted

TheBigKat

I agree with all except want to pump the brakes on Burns. Am I correct that he wants 30 million and turned down 27 million? If so is he truly worth that much? If we were talking the top guy in the league or next to top guy in the league I understand but is Burns truly worth what he is wanting?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Well, I am not sure that paying our best players from a 2-15 team is going to right the ship.  However, we have a bad roster with some very good players at the top.  That cap money spends in free agency as well.  In my opinion, Luvu could walk to chase that big payday.  He is good, but he was good at his salary.  Is he elite?  Not in my opinion.  If he is cheap, pay him.   Burns is more likely to be tagged or traded.  Brown needs top DT dollars.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

Just now, Ricky Prickles said:

I agree with all except want to pump the brakes on Burns. Am I correct that he wants 30 million and turned down 27 million? If so is he truly worth that much? If we were talking the top guy in the league or next to top guy in the league I understand but is Burns truly worth what he is wanting?

I am thinking that his agent threw the $30 m out there to begin talks.  I am sure he knows that Burns will not get that on the open market.  I think he will sign (here or somewhere else) for about $24-26m

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Listen….I’ve been quiet on Burns and definitely do not feel like he should be top 5 paid DE’s, but he's very talented and had a down year last year. It’s a massive hole from talent and leadership perspective if he’s gone. We are a better team with him being on the roster….and if we can’t Lock up our young core during Young’s rookie contract we are missing out. Brown and Lucy should be priority 1A and 1B, but no way should we allow Burns to walk. He must be tagged, especially with the cap exploding 

Either way, we have to have a pass rush.  He is a high character guy.  This reminds me of Peppers before he left, only Peppers was better.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Either way, we have to have a pass rush.  He is a high character guy.  This reminds me of Peppers before he left, only Peppers was better.

Very true. I keep going back to CMC and DJ Moore in my head. I know that they are completely different players but we see how bad things can get when we get rid of proven talent. We have such a lack of high end talent, and it’s extremely hard to replace. Those 2nd and 3rd round picks from CMC mean nothing if you can’t even find a decent backup with it 

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It was very similar treatment, you're right. Towards the end of his first tenure here a lot of people on this board were done with Pep and said he was lazy and not worth the money. Was public enemy #1

I even remember people calling Pep out for laughing or smiling on the sidelines when we were losing, when he was just breathing through his mouth 

Edited by panther252
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Burns is quickly becoming the most overrated player in panthers history. $30M is laughable. The guy disappears nonstop and especially late in games. I hear the excuses that the team is bad and he being game planned for. How do you explain brown then? Guy dominates and is always noticeable.

Trade him for a first. We’ve done a ton of losing with him, how much worse can it be without him?

He had a down year last season….no doubt about that, but I don’t think anyone would consider a 25 year old DE with 46 sacks one of the most overrated players in panther history. You’re being dramatic…of course this is always the best place to be dramatic, so have at it.

• Pie 5