• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns Franchise Tagged

shaq

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

GB offered us their 2023 1st (I think it was #15) for Moore at the same time as Burns’ deal. Should have taken both trades and CMC so that we could actually tank 2022 and naturally get a top 3 pick not #9 where we forfeit our team to trade up for the wrong QB. 

Scott constantly thought we were just one piece away. We weren't and he was too stupid to realize we were a whole lot of "one piece"s away. 

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

He is so overvalued on the huddle.

Bet you can't find someone who says we should not keep Burns or that he is overvalued.

I don't mean internet randos. I mean actual quotes from a professional, either media or inside the NFL - the people who's job it is to live and breath NFL football. Bet you can't find anyone who's an actual professional speak about Brian Burns the way the huddle does.

Fans of 31 teams would raise their hands if asked if they'd like Brian Burns on their team.

The huddle way undervalues him. I'm not saying he's worth $30MM, don't get it twisted. Y'all act like he's one of the worst players on defense. It's absolute insane to me.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Scott constantly thought we were just one piece away. We weren't and he was too stupid to realize we were a whole lot of "one piece"s away. 

By "one piece" he could have meant GM.  (I will be here all week!)

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

That's my hope. It just drives me crazy that we had that offer and now a lot of people are hoping that we get offered a single first. A lot of fans realized how ridiculous that offer was. Pick 36 in 23' Pick 19 this year and whatever next year. Burns isn't even a top 10 edge rusher. Tepper and Scott were fugging morons. 

Only the “you aren’t an NFL GM” or “how can we possibly replace Burns” idiots couldn’t see the fleecing we could have done to the Rams. Heck, we’d probably have a better 1st. They found a solid starting G at 36. We might have messed up their entire draft.

With 36, players we could easily have traded up to 33 before Tennessee to get La Porta knowing that after the Waller and Hockenson trades, Detroit and Oakland were going TE since it was a stud TE class. They both did. Add in 2 more firsts and $30M in cap space for two solid FAs and we get way more talent than just Burns.

It’s a shame because it was laid out perfectly and Tepper/Fitterer fumbled it away. Anyway, the what ifs suck balls. We better nail this draft and next year’s.

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

I doubt a team signs him to a huge deal and gives us two firsts. My guess, he signs a long term deal by July 15.

They can still work out a trade that's a little more palatable for the other team. Maybe a 1st and a player or a 3rd at his point

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I predict he plays out the season on the franchise tag, and we're in an even worse spot next offseason.

Yeah and he’ll play like he did this year “not to get hurt”

I’m tired  of burns  dude wants top DE money but hasn’t come close to earning that ..teams block him with a TE let’s see a TE try blocking Bosa  and see how that works out for the qb 

good riddance at some point 

1 minute ago, Luciu5 said:

Bet you can't find someone who says we should not keep Burns or that he is overvalued.

I don't mean internet randos. I mean actual quotes from a professional, either media or inside the NFL - the people who's job it is to live and breath NFL football. Bet you can't find anyone who's an actual professional speak about Brian Burns the way the huddle does.

Fans of 31 teams would raise their hands if asked if they'd like Brian Burns on their team.

The huddle way undervalues him. I'm not saying he's worth $30MM, don't get it twisted. Y'all act like he's one of the worst players on defense. It's absolute insane to me.

In my view, he is a situational pass rusher and not an every down player because he is a liability.  Worth much less, and that is my only beef.  OCs started running toward his side, so our response was to move him around, sometimes in coverage.  So we were defensive about our defensive player, sorta.  I am not upset about it, but I want the team to save money for Brown, Luvu, a CB, and a G.  It will get done, and maybe Burns realizes he is not a one-trick pony if he wants top dollar.

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

They can still work out a trade that's a little more palatable for the other team. Maybe a 1st and a player or a 3rd at his point

True, and very good point, I didn’t think I of that. I just thought when he got tagged it was he either plays on it, signs an extension or a team signs him and we don’t match (getting 2 firsts). So we can trade a tagged player? 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Those same people said Young would come in and light up the league.

I’ve literally had three highly regarded dermatologists completely whiff on identifying skin cancerous spots.

I had well known contractor completely fug up my house. And the highest rated concrete guy pour a god awful patio I had to take out myself.

Scott Fitter was a NFL GM.

I could easily continue. 

• Pie 1

OK, so I am Detroit.  I have more cap room, and arguably fewer needs.  I know that Carolina has no first rounder and they need one with the new staff.  My first is #29.  If I can negotiate a first now and maybe a second in 2025, then offer a $110m contract for 4 years, I think it could get done.

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

True, and very good point, I didn’t think I of that. I just thought when he got tagged it was he either plays on it, signs an extension or a team signs him and we don’t match (getting 2 firsts). So we can trade a tagged player? 

Yes, So if a team wants him it's either the 2 1sts deal or they have to negotiate a trade with Morgan

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

OK, so I am Detroit.  I have more cap room, and arguably fewer needs.  I know that Carolina has no first rounder and they need one with the new staff.  My first is #29.  If I can negotiate a first now and maybe a second in 2025, then offer a $110m contract for 4 years, I think it could get done.

Houston has a ton of cap room as well.   23 pick

• Pie 1