• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Fowler: Panthers to go after QB Drew Lock

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Are you sure Lock is B tier? To me he's JAG! He's not a higher end backup like The Red Rifle. Lock is anything but a lock, he's an open door to pure mediocrity. 

And Bryce is still a small man among big men. He went largely unscathed his rookie year---hell, damned durable---but let's not act like he's Superman out there, and even if he is, there's Kryptonite everywhere and the potential for him going down remains. Our backup QB may have a higher probability to play substantial minutes.

That's what I mean. He is "B" tier in the backup QB's. Borderline #3 QB(which are C Tier and lower by my definition).

Association + need = educated speculation.

Panthers need WR help = reports of Panthers looking at or being involved in FA WR's.

I expect most "sources" go like this.

Ring, ring.  Hello, this is Carolina Panthers person who works inside the building or is in the NFL in any way.

Yes, I'm a reporter.  Are you guys going after Calvin Ridley?

Anything is possible and we are looking to upgrade our WR's

Can I quote you on that?

Sure.

Sources inside the Panthers organization say they are interested in acquiring Calvin Ridley to upgrade their WR's for Bryce Young.  If the Panthers can sign Ridley, anything is possible, including a surprise trip to the Superbowl sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Bear Hands said:

Gallup's moment has passed.  That would be like DJ Hackett all over again.  

To the report - I don't mind Drew Lock at all.  He looked fine when he came in last year and could be a good tank commander if Bryce gets injured or just doesn't work out.  

Drew Lock got that on field Cam Newton swag minus the massive talent 

image.gif.5743a810835a4247f0ead48dea3ff44b.gif

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Are you sure Lock is B tier? To me he's JAG! He's not a higher end backup like The Red Rifle. Lock is anything but a lock, he's an open door to pure mediocrity. 

And Bryce is still a small man among big men. He went largely unscathed his rookie year---hell, damned durable---but let's not act like he's Superman out there, and even if he is, there's Kryptonite everywhere and the potential for him going down remains. Our backup QB may have a higher probability to play substantial minutes.

Dalton isn’t actually a high end backup up.  We have bumped him up a tier just because he is here. 

He has seen the field each season over the last 9 years and never had a positive win % in any year. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Dalton isn’t actually a high end backup up.  We have bumped him up a tier just because he is here. 

He has seen the field each season over the last 9 years and never had a positive win % in any year. 

It would be interesting to compare his win percentage to the rest of the field. You just might be surprised.

40 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It would be interesting to compare his win percentage to the rest of the field. You just might be surprised.

And all Dalton’s teams didn’t suck.  He had a losing record with even the Cowboys. 

We had Bryce Young who sucked.  And Dalton had to set an all time high in pass attempts despite playing for century….to give us a normal day.  Ever since then the board has boosted him.  But he has been pretty bad for a good number of years.  

a good backup either is young with question marks or just a great tudor.  No one working with Bryce Young needs to be around him again this year IMO.   Give him a new QB room.