• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Fowler: Panthers to go after QB Drew Lock

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Trading for Gallup would be a nightmare. I can only imagine how bad we would get trade raped by Dallas.

Gallup's moment has passed.  That would be like DJ Hackett all over again.  

To the report - I don't mind Drew Lock at all.  He looked fine when he came in last year and could be a good tank commander if Bryce gets injured or just doesn't work out.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

Gallup's moment has passed.  That would be like DJ Hackett all over again.  

To the report - I don't mind Drew Lock at all.  He looked fine when he came in last year and could be a good tank commander if Bryce gets injured or just doesn't work out.  

Yeah, Lock is a B tier backup guy. Nothing special about that move. Overall a step down from Dalton, IMO. Not that it is likely to matter. It is Bryce or Bust for the Tepper Panthers.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to pivot if Bryce flops in year two.

I am guessing he might get the hook before the fans think. I am thinking part of the way through Year 3 if it really goes to poo.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, Lock is a B tier backup guy. Nothing special about that move. Overall a step down from Dalton, IMO. Not that it is likely to matter. It is Bryce or Bust for the Tepper Panthers.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to pivot if Bryce flops in year two.

I am guessing he might get the hook before the fans think. I am thinking part of the way through Year 3 if it really goes to poo.

Are you sure Lock is B tier? To me he's JAG! He's not a higher end backup like The Red Rifle. Lock is anything but a lock, he's an open door to pure mediocrity. 

And Bryce is still a small man among big men. He went largely unscathed his rookie year---hell, damned durable---but let's not act like he's Superman out there, and even if he is, there's Kryptonite everywhere and the potential for him going down remains. Our backup QB may have a higher probability to play substantial minutes.

50 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Trading for Gallup would be a nightmare. I can only imagine how bad we would get trade raped by Dallas.

All of the trades we make should be players out. Acquire picks after the repeated awful trades for players you've made over the last few years.

A #1 WR won't make a blind bit of difference.

• Beer 2