• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

2 minutes ago, GarthMcGrath said:

We are killing it today! So far we have signed:

-Troy Hill

This is for those folks that think the cap doesn’t matter. It does. You can play around with it but it’s not unlimited forever. When you spend on JAGs to the top of the cap for 6 years and produce 2-7 wins while also trading away half your draft picks, you hit a wall, a wall we should have hit in 2020 and again in 2022. We didn’t and now we have nothing and are still running into the top of our cap so hopefully we learned our lesson and take our lumps and suck for 2025. Stinks that 2024 appears to be a helluva draft class. Maybe we can squeak out a few more good picks with Burns.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Lame Duck said:

So far seems like we are going to tank 2024.  We are cutting older starters, taking dead money hit and staying put.  Wonder if Tepper is throwing a towel on Bryce after one season.

We been tanking since he took over.

We will always be in a tank.

I am watching the NFL Network.    When they show clips of a player's highlights, usually three or four plays, we are in nearly every player's highlights.

You can't buy this kind of PR, folks.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

So far seems like we are going to tank 2024.  We are cutting older starters, taking dead money hit and staying put.  Wonder if Tepper is throwing a towel on Bryce after one season.

Wasn’t the whole point of bringing Canales in was for Bryce? 

Just now, Lame Duck said:

As we should have twice before. Great opportunities squandered. I don’t think anyone is throwing the towel in on Bryce, but I do expect this to be make or break. Well, I shouldn’t say that yet. If the 2025 QB draft class is more like 2022, we might see year 3 of Bryce. If there are good QB prospects like 2020, 2021 or 2023 then I could see us using the 1st on a QB.

3 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

It's how we should have done this rebuild from the beginning.  Start building with young hungry players and let them develop together as a team.  Once we get competitive we can add these premium vets to put us over the top.  

• Pie 1

OK, Panther fans,

chicken little illustration GIF

I think the Panthers are being smart.  the Bell cut was a bit surprising, but wait until the market calms down.  I am not seeing Detroit going after an Edge yet, and they need one.  Houston might too, now.  So let the dominoes fall.  I think the signings so far will help us negotiate with Burns if nothing else--

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Wasn’t the whole point of bringing Canales in was for Bryce? 

That was the line, but I really, really hope it's not true.

I'm just excited to have a YOUNG, offensive minded head coach who offers a fresh take and new perspective.

I've already made up my mind on Bryce. I wonder how long it will take the team to do likewise. But at this point, I've already got my eye on 2025. This is a year to move pawns and try to set us up for the future.