• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Newton dropping nuggets: most execs say the jury is still out on Bryce

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If you're suggesting that what NFL execs were saying regarding Bryce during this past 10 days is not interesting, then say it's not interesting to you.

Just because it's from a recent article doesn't make it interesting as it is old news to me.  I could care less who the sources are.  All this had been hashed out on this board numerous time.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Just because it's from a recent article doesn't make it interesting as it is old news to me.  I could care less who the sources are.  All this had been hashed out on this board numerous time.

exactly why would newton think we would give a poo about what execs say about bryce, we know what it is, and we know he is the qb moving forward.  Am I supposed to feel better now about him?  Newton is an idiot

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would bet the majority of this board has seen more NFL bryce then just about every other nfl exec.  What he has done prior to last season doesnt matter at all.  I would venture to say that I, like many other fans on here probably saw every snap young played.  If not all at least 98% of them.  And I dont have to be a nfl exec to see that his footwork was bad, his deep ball is bad, his hop throw motion is bad and his arm strength is bad.  And quite frankly it really doesnt matter what another team exec says, why would they give 2 shits about bryce?  Why would they say anything negative at all?  Does that ever happen?

Why would they say anything remotely positive at all if they didn't actually believe it? What he did in college still matters in the sense that his collegiate career is what led rise to his evaluations for an opportunity in the NFL.  And, to be quite frank, I could easily say what he did here last season doesn't matter at all. Context does matter; never forget that 

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

To each his own.

Just now, top dawg said:

Why would they say anything remotely positive at all if they didn't actually believe it? What he did in college still matters in the sense that his collegiate career is what led rise to his evaluations for an opportunity in the NFL.  And, to be quite frank, I could easily say what he did here last season doesn't matter at all. Context does matter; never forget that 

Why would the Tampa gm say something nice about Bryce?   I'll let u figure that out

• Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Why would the Tampa gm say something nice about Bryce?   I'll let u figure that out

Apparently, he wasn't the only one. Furthermore, I don't really think that he said anything "nice about Bryce," what he essentially said is that it's too early to give up on him due to the circumstances. Believe it or not, that is a rational opinion, regardless if you agree with it or not.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would be willing to bet those on this board have watched 90% more of young then those execs

Agree 100% and when reporters ask questions about any nfl player do they ever just say the player is terrible I cant remember that ever being an answer to a reporter.  If it was all scheme and lack of talent then dalton would have looked terrible. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Saying nice things in public, and saying the truth about how much the guy sucks in team meetings and game-planning is how sports goes. You don’t want to motivate a player by saying he sucks. You make it self-evident on game day, which most teams did.

I said a while back that is exactly what is happening. Teams are not watch film in bryce and coming away worried about him beating them.

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would be willing to bet those on this board have watched 90% more of young then those execs

They are still going off his college. Don’t worry, the new fall guy is gonna run Alabama offense, that will fix everything. It’ll be great.

So what I want to ask is how in the fug can the offense be tailored to Stroud and Young both? Since they are so similar in style and tools. 

Edited by strato

Ask any of those Execs if they'd part with a 1st round pick for him - hell, make it a 2nd round pick.

Their answer would be no, which says that the jury has very much reached their verdict. 

• Pie 5