• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers now looking at pick 33 for center?

Jmac

It may not be a good thing for the fans of NFL football in the Carolinas but it sounds like Bryce Young is going to get his old Alabama offense back. 

The coach has been watching his cold blooded college tape (you die hards that don’t seem to know video of him playing in the NFL is available, jackpot).

I’d love to be able to make a positive post about our QB. It is just freaking hard to do it with a straight face. 

The rookie C struggling to make protection calls, gonna have to deal with it if you want a good C. And you want a good center.

But a veteran center, who the hell that has a choice really wants to work with a Bryce Young NFL offense? Think Boze may be getting some phone calls asking him about it? Wonder what he’d say. 

11 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Anyone we get in FA is going to be below average to bad. Teams don’t discard good OL.

I’d rather have a talented rookie who will improve vs a Jag on the decline.

I mean Bozeman is better than a rookie C in 2024.  So are plenty of others.  Might just have to rent a C for a season  

If Bryce wasn’t our QB I’d be all for it….

but Bryce had to too rough last year.  New O.  Too many others struggling on the OL.  Rookie C has too high of odds of making it all worse in 2024

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean Bozeman is better than a rookie C in 2024.  So are plenty of others.  Might just have to rent a C for a season  

If Bryce wasn’t our QB I’d be all for it….

but Bryce had to too rough last year.  New O.  Too many others struggling on the OL.  Rookie C has too high of odds of making it all worse in 2024

Depends on the rookie.

Either way, center will be a weakness this year. The question is, will it also be a weakness next year.

45 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Depends on the rookie.

Either way, center will be a weakness this year. The question is, will it also be a weakness next year.

more times often than not rookie centers such as Ryan Kalil for example  begin their NFL career a guard & then slowly  transition over to the center position ...just saying 

Give me Zack Frazier. Guy is a 100 gritty guy.  His last play he threw his team mate last the sticks for a first down. Oh and broke his leg on the play. But instead of getting a time runoff due to injury, he end up crawling his way to the sideline. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/the-perfect-fit-for-the-panthers-at-no-33

And he's a damn good player on top of grit and team first play like that. He has a ton of snaps too at a high level too. I get the hype to powers and svp. But the guy I really like is Frazier.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Sedrick van pran Granger is probably the best suited OC in the draft for zone and he will likely be there for our second pick.

Get our WR with the first pick then get van pran and then come back and get Wiley or Jermaine Burton or whoever is the best pass catcher there.

The App Homer in me would like to see us pick up Isaiah Helms as a UDFA. If we’re running wide zone, he could be a good depth piece at G/C since that’s literally what App has run since they’ve been FBS